Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Runnin in the mountains of cali

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 11:17 PM
1st Gear
Default Runnin in the mountains of cali

Hay dudes, any of you ever run up in the high county in California?? I’m up here by my-self runnin with some big block AC Cobra’s. They kinda get in my way though on these windy mountain roads. At times I want to just slip into the on coming traffics lane and run pass them on the inside, then I come back to my senses and just hang on their tails. But for the pass two years since I’ve owned my TT its been a blast!!! I’ve read some of the postings in the TT forum and find them to be exactly where me head has been. The HP hop-ups, the chips,, but I some concerns,,, I want (“NEED”) the HP, I want (“NEED”) a good chip but I don’t want it to be a hake job!!. I love my little girl to much. And another real big concern I have is what happens with bigger Turbo’s & more boost at higher elevations????? And has anybody managed to load a TT with a (Successfully)Bi-Turbo config?

Old 07-22-2007, 11:48 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Runnin in the mountains of cali

Unless you have the V6 TT, it would be pointless to have two turbos. you only have one exhaust manifold so you'd have two turbos side by side running off two cylinders each on the same manifold. twin turbo set-ups are usually more beneficial for cars with two exhaust manifolds; one for each turbo.(V6, V8)
As long as you take your car to an authorized REVO, APR, or GIAC dealer (those are the three big chip brands); they'll just reprogram your ECU and they wont need to remove it or add an actual chip (some instances they will need to, but rarely). They just change the software loaded on the ECU to something a little more agressive that uses a higher octane fuel. You'll be okay as long as you get it done by an authorized dealer or licensed professional.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm make believe

You think two cylinders isnt enough for a turbo? Here is V8 w/ 8 turbos!!

Twin Turbo rb26dett w/ a supercharger also *drools*

Old 07-23-2007, 12:02 AM
1st Gear

What about the little 1.8 l Bi-turbo A4's?

Old 07-23-2007, 12:05 AM
2nd Gear

Never seen one. Don't know anything about it.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:07 AM
1st Gear

I don't think a bi-turbo works the same way that twin turbo works. I thought a bi-turbo was a smaller turbo inline with a bigger turbo. I was also thinking maybe a different incooler,,, different gating and some other small changes. Even with that pathetic P-chip that maybe a bi-turbo maybe squeak out 300 hp.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:22 AM
I'm make believe

th s4 is a biturbo, not an a4.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:30 AM
1st Gear

No I'm pretty sure they introduced in 01 a few Bi-turbo's in all wheel driveA4's,, anyway,, I need to find an answer to this american muscle, they even asked me to jone there club. All AC's and me in my TTQRT?? Soundscrazzy but there alot of fun to run down!!

Old 07-23-2007, 12:40 AM
I'm make believe

just slap on all the bolt ons and you can easy keep up

Old 07-23-2007, 12:47 AM
1st Gear

I don't know,,, one has takinthe state champ in show every year and everywhere he shows for the past two years! It's pretty F'n FAST if you get my drift..

Quick Reply: Runnin in the mountains of cali