Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Silver HPP Controller and OEM Controller, how can you tell the difference?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Default Silver HPP Controller and OEM Controller, how can you tell the difference?

Haldex makes the blue HPP sport controller. They also make that same controller in silver (to look like the OEM controller). Does anyone know how to visually tell the two apart (silver HPP controller from silver OEM controller)? According to HPA's website, each HPP unit is subtly identified as an HPA Sport Haldex Controller. Does anyone know where this identification is located?

Old 05-07-2007, 02:30 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Silver HPP Controller and OEM Controller, how can you tell the difference?

unless someone here acutally wasted their money on that controller i wouldnt think so...

... I sound so negative

Old 05-07-2007, 02:50 AM
Default RE: Silver HPP Controller and OEM Controller, how can you tell the difference?

TSRGeneral, you do sound so negative but I'veread lots of good reviews on these controllers. Do tell...why don't you like them?

Old 05-07-2007, 03:31 PM
5th Gear

I happen to have the Blue controller. TSR, you wanna fight!?

I sorta looked at what I could with the controller, its already installed, so I can only see so much. Can't really see anything obviously HPA or Haldex Sport, except the Haldex sport badge on the back of the car.

Maybe they went super subtle and printed microdots on the controller? ; )

Any MY review would also be positive of the controller. The car seems to pull thru corners better, hooks up smoother/quicker, especially noticable on loose road (lots of back roads around here still have sand/dirt on them from winter).

Old 05-07-2007, 04:17 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Ergokinetics

TSRGeneral, you do sound so negative but I'veread lots of good reviews on these controllers. Do tell...why don't you like them?

well my dislike of these controllers are due to the cost. They are soo much and I have read reviews that say they are a waste of money. For 900 dollars it seems I can do some other mods to get better handling and such. thats just my view

Old 05-07-2007, 06:27 PM
3rd Gear

yes they are expensive....and have heard when you go BIg turbo it really puts a lot of stress on the rear diff. so i;m not gonna put one on my car....but to each his own

Old 05-07-2007, 09:09 PM
5th Gear

I paid $750 for mine, not for a random upgrade though, because I was tired of seeing 'memory module control error' and getting terrible clunking noises whenever the tires started to slip.