Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

So I finaly raced the....

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 04:09 AM
1st Gear
Default So I finaly raced the....

So i finaly raced the nissan 350z, and though i was satisfied with the out come, i was still unsure if i should of been happy or upset.
We raced three times:

1st.- from a 30mph roll...
we gunned it and we were neck in neck until i shifted out of third gear with full boost??? then i easily pulled on him by at least a car length.

2nd- from a 30mph roll...
again we gunned it but this time he was slightly ahead of me as i was approaching the peak of my 3rd gear, after switching to 4th i was half a car ahead for the win.

3rd- from a 40mph roll this time...
we gunned it but i didn't have the boost to mactch his torque entering 4th gear to pull ahead of him, and he beat me by a half a car.

I felt really good about it afterwards but then i felt kinda "sh*tty" because i feel like the TT is in my opinion the better machine, but i feel like i shouldn't have underestimated the 350z to begin with. I guess i got a swelled head because i my car was boosted or something lol i don't know. Anyways my friend has a full aftermarket exhaust by injen with nice DC headers and Helix Test pipes instead of cats. Im running everything stock except for GIAC chipped 93 octane, TurboXS DV.

Im glad that i won, but i guess i feel like if i didn't have "boost" then i wouldn't have been Toast, but on the flip side he was pissed because he lost to a "4banger" because he thinks that the 350z is a god of some sort or another.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: So I finaly raced the....

The 350 doesnt gain much of anything with bolt ons. The only thing that adds power is the plenium spacer which only adds like 10hp. But is sounds like you are shifting to late. The turbos fall off really fast and if you are trying to run to redline, your driving to slow.

180 - shift by 5500
225 - shift by 6-6.5k

Old 01-05-2008, 04:00 PM
1st Gear

Your post doesn't make any sense. If you didn't have boost you wouldn't have won? Well no ****.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-05-2008, 05:02 PM
2nd Gear

3rd- from a 40mph roll this time...
we gunned it but i didn't have the boost to mactch his torque entering 4th gear to pull ahead of him, and he beat me by a half a car.
Fourth gear pulls worst IMO. I was racing a MkV GTI on the highway around 60mph I tried pulling him in 4th...I lost. Switched to 5th and destroyed him. From 40mph 3rd gear would be your best bet seeing as it's right around 3000 RPM.

I take it you drive a 225? If you had a full exhaust his 350 would be screwed hands down. But don't underestimate the 350; its powerband is awesome it pulls from a dig all the way to 7000+ RPM.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:17 AM
1st Gear

Ya, i know i would have lost But i guess i felt like i had an unfair advantage lol. But none the less it was still fun, again tonight we went out to the main strip here in houston, off westiemer where alot of people meet up hang out. I felt like a road king as tonight winded down, i mean besides the 350z the only other cars that wanted to race/play were hondas and they got ripped apart and the funny thing is, they wanted more! Its like getting beat doesn't satisfy them, they need to be humiliated in front of their peers time and time again lol. Anyways im ranting, i know the TT isn't the fastest car around, but it sure is fun to drive.
ORIGINAL: RedTTQ

Your post doesn't make any sense. If you didn't have boost you wouldn't have won? Well no ****.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-06-2008, 04:25 AM
1st Gear

Nice, a fellow Houstonian. Personally I'm not a big fan of Westheimer because there are too many cops and too much traffic- I like the toll roads haha no traffic and no cops late at night. Good to hear ya won though

Old 01-06-2008, 05:09 AM
1st Gear

ya next week they are having a big meet at the Planet zero Anime Acade, supposed to be a big big deal on saturday night, hit me up and ill definately see you there.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:03 AM
1st Gear

For sure. I might bring a friend who has a heavily modded 3-Series (haha he started with a shitty 325i and now after about roughly $30k he can keep up with my stock '01 225QC... kinda sad- I don't understand why he didn't just get an M3 to start with b/c it wouldve been about the same price after all the mods). I think I've actually been to a car meet at that place: it's pretty far down Westheimer on the left side (going away from 610)? Yeah I'll send you a PM when it gets closer to Saturday. Thanks for the invite

Old 01-06-2008, 01:25 PM
1st Gear

^^^ Ya Thats the place man, you have already been there i see. Ya they say it supposed to be real big this weekend.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:26 PM
1st Gear

hey everyone im going to get my tails smoked today! can't wait, ill post up pics later on today.

Quick Reply: So I finaly raced the....