Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

speaker sizes and headunit questions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 10:43 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: speaker sizes and headunit questions?

Trust me they suck. They are muddy and lack definition compared to even some of the midrangestuff. My Infinity Kappa components that I had in my Bimmer brought out detail in my music that I had never heard before. The Bose system with the same music just lacks the detail. Fortunately, though an accomodation program my company has with Harman Kardon, I can get all ranges of Infinity speakers at heavily discounted prices. Trust me when I say that the speakers and amp that you put in your car will make a huge difference in how you listen to music. Everything else just doesn't sound as "pure".

Old 10-14-2007, 05:13 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: speaker sizes and headunit questions?

Biggest thing with Bose car audio stuff... is that the system that Bose home audio uses to completely set themselves above everything else... is the way the speakers are powered and the unreal acoustic porting all their speakers have. However, their car audio stuff.... does NOT work the same way any of their home stuff does. Their car audio speakers are just like any other regular speaker. In fact, if you pull them out... they are just cheap, paper cone drivers like most stock speakers. Unfortunately Bose did not carry their one of a kind system over into their car auio systems... which is why Bose car audio systems really suck. I mean, even mid to low end aftermarket component sets (alpine, MB quart, Infinity, JL, Pioneer) sound way better than the Bose... and those companies are just mid to low end mainstream car audio companies. Throw some high end SQ-oriented components in there, and you'll think you're wearing headphones because the sound is so good.

btw...
Good choice with the 10w7 and JL 1000.1 amplifier.
For a mainstream mid level manufacturer... the w7 series drivers from JL have got to be some of the cleanest... most efficient subwoofers you can buy. they will outperform any and ever subwoofer out there in the mainstream community... and they'll do it while using about half the power.
[sm=smiley20.gif]Good Decision. I've seen 10w7 setups.. (single 10w7 subwoofer) that completely demolished an SUV that had four 12's in it (the guy had the 10w7 in a vented enclosure and used it for SQ, but turned the gain way up on this ocassion to make this dude look like an idiot). The 10w7 puts out insane numbers for a 10" speaker.