Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

timing belt settlement payout

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 11:37 AM
2nd Gear
Default timing belt settlement payout

Has anyone actually received a reimbursement check? I submitted mine about 2 days after I got the paperwork in the mail, and have heard NOTHING. I emailed them a few days ago only for them to tell me that the documentation that I submitted was insufficient and to have my shop send up the invoices. I submitted ALL receipts. Should I be surprised they are trying to get out of paying?

Old 03-19-2009, 07:49 PM
3rd Gear

Send them a "legal notice". You can make a BS cc attorney so and so, so that they think you've got lawyers waiting to take over. That will usually motivate them to pull their heads out of their asses, and write a check. I know that my car is an 04, and isn't included in that suit, but I wonder what that means..? What happens if my TB goes before it's supposed to? I should call champion and find out.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:52 PM
1st Gear

I also got the "insufficient documentation" letter. This is a typical tactic attorneys use, hoping you'll give up when you actually have a valid claim. I had my repair shop write a letter stating that the repairs were done due to a broken timing belt. I sent the letter along with the form letter and new copies of the repair order to the Settlement Administrator. I'll let you guys know what happens. Bu I really would like to get my $4000.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:01 PM

Same problem here. I got a denial notice in the mail instead of my anxiously awaited reimbursement check... I thought of everything I possibly could to send them so they couldn't pull this BS! Their reasoning was that I didn't have sufficient proof of payment, and I later found out that it was due to the cash-paid towing, although I had called them before sending my papers to make sure that my towing invoice marked "paid by cash" was good enough. They actually expected me to send in a bank statement showing a withdrawal for that amount of money. They know only a small portion of people could actually provide that documentation. They are trying to get away with whatever they possibly can, however bad a name it gives them. I will not stop until I get the money that is legally mine.

I was told that they are probably treating it as an all or nothing thing, so was advised that I either write a letter legally binding me to my words (or something of that sort) and then possibly deal with having to go through further legal processes, or send in a letter forgoing any cash-paid portion of the claim and having a more likely chance of receiving money sooner. I chose the second option, as the most important thing right now is getting the money that I paid for the repair (almost $3600) as soon as possible, since I'm out of work right now and was counting on that check. I wonder the percentage of poeple that actually received their reimbursement without a problem.

I am so frustrated with Audi right now. On top of that, my mechanic told me the other day that I have to go to the dealership to replace my instrument cluster because my temperature gauge is off. It seems like it never ends with this TT!

Old 03-20-2009, 07:29 PM

same thing happened to me with my cluster... I called the attorney thats doing this case and in 2 days i had my new cluster... Look up the lawyers that filed the lawsuit. They dont list their number on the paperwork but court cases are public so enter the case number and their phone number will be on the online paperwork from the courts. Call them and get in touch with the lawyer whos handling it, they will take care of you

Old 03-21-2009, 10:20 AM

Hey Fox, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately my cluster isn't covered by that cluster settlement. I believe they extended the warranty for it from 4 to 6 years, and if the repair falls within that timeframe then they are supposed to cover it, but mine is a 2001 and it just starting to give me trouble. Oh well.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:37 PM
4th Gear
Old 03-22-2009, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by ameliak
Hey Fox, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately my cluster isn't covered by that cluster settlement. I believe they extended the warranty for it from 4 to 6 years, and if the repair falls within that timeframe then they are supposed to cover it, but mine is a 2001 and it just starting to give me trouble. Oh well.
im saying do what i did and hopefully you will get some results

Old 03-25-2009, 09:42 PM
2nd Gear

Ya I smelled BS as soon as they sent the email back. What's really hilarious is that in the letter they sent back, one of the things they put is that I didn't have the vin listed on the original form... uhm, it was printed on the form they sent! What total crap. I'll call the original class action lawyers about this. I have a feeling that the letter we received and the website timingbeltsettlement.com is all run by the defense!