Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

TT Gremlins...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 06:42 AM
1st Gear
Angry TT Gremlins...

So it's been over a year now since I've bought my '00 TT and I'm finding out it costs a lot of money to keep her on the road. Anyway, here's a few questions I have:

1. I'm having issues with my interior dome light. It would only work when it feels like it. A week ago before I took it to the shop for 70k mile service the light was working and now it isn't (ie. open the door, etc.) Before that, though, it's been known to be moody... it'll work one day and not work the next. Anyone else having problems with that?

2. What is the button between the trunk and gas lid button? it looks a little like this: o))) What's it for? Sometimes when I press it the light on the button turns on sometimes, it doesn't.

3. Can you activate the trunk switch while the car's running? Again, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Most of the time, I have to turn off the car to be able to open the trunk.

4. Going limp mode a lot when I'm driving the car hard. I've probably had to disconnect the battery about a dozen times already this past year to reset my boost. I don't have a VagCom yet but hopefully soon, I can get one so I can the codes off the computer.

5. If I took out that ugly brass elbow on the oil catch, can I still use the old regulator? I imagine it wouldn't affect it much.

Guess, that's it for now... hopefully I can keep her running for another year. And by the way, if your glove box breaks, it costs about 500 bucks to replace without labor. Fun.

Thanks!

Old 08-07-2008, 08:54 AM
1st Gear

Ok so here we go...
1. I just started a thread on like page 2/3 about this same problem. Its a micro-switch in the door latch assembly. I already purchased the switches and am waiting on shipping. Ill write a DIY w/pics and I know Ill have extras so if all goes well it should be a cheap and easy fix.

2. Its a motion sensor button. mainly used for roadsters push the button if your park and the windows are down. If anyone enters the alarm goes off... I think :-)

3. Activate while on? Yes While driving? No

4. Are you running an MBC?

5. Dont know I would like to know this too.

Good luck

Old 08-07-2008, 10:15 AM
1st Gear

1. the center dome light doesn't even turn on even when I operate the switch. But the individual ones (passenger/driver) work just fine.

4. No MBC yet... I'm fixing to order a TurboXS HPBC and set up for a diode mod. Hopefully that will take care of that.

Thanks for the answers.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:24 PM
1st Gear

1. That sounds like a connection problem. Try removing the dome light and inspecting the leads.

4. Try this remove your side mount intercooler, clean it with MAF cleaner, check the MAP sensor wires and make sure they're all in good shape.
This might help.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:11 PM
2nd Gear

This may help

1. DIY on door microswitch replacement

Old 08-07-2008, 11:39 PM
4th Gear

about your dome light, mine did this too and i got really frustrated and punch it up and worked since that day, so im going with a connection problem on that one