Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

tt opinions and problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Default tt opinions and problems

first off, I have an 07' sentra se-r specv, nice car with decent power, but I'm having some problems with it and looking to trade it in. I've been reading up on the tt and everyday I want it more and more. I wanted to know what were some of the most common problems that you guys have run into. I found an 03'tt 225 roadster black with 20k miles on it going for $15500. Thanks in advance

Old 03-19-2008, 03:25 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: tt opinions and problems

youll find a lot in the FAQ

but,

timing belt at 60k is most common

Old 03-19-2008, 03:35 PM
2nd Gear

you may also search "TT buyers guide" on VWvortex.com. and personally, your going to have a lot more problems with a TT than a sentra (over time atleast)

Old 03-19-2008, 03:54 PM
3rd Gear

That isa greatprice.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:23 PM

awesome guys thanks for the quick responses. Yea I know I'll have more problems with the tt, good thing though is I have friends that own a shop so I go there and work on the cars with them. But I want to mod my car but there's like 2 things out for it, intake and exhaust, compared to the tt's aftermarket which has a bunch. Plus I gotta admit, I think the tt is a sexy beast, I definitely wouldn't mind the attention it gets unlike my specv (except from all the ricers)

Old 03-19-2008, 07:23 PM

sounds good. come over to the euro side and leave them all behind =)

Old 03-19-2008, 07:49 PM

haha, yea I got big plans for the tt, but I still got alot of respect for the jap. cars, except for the ricer punks that make us look bad. And I know my spec has potential too, but I'm ready for something new.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:54 PM

I went from a 03 sentra se-r to a tt...and well...i love the car, but it does have its share of issues.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: bishounen0205

haha, yea I got big plans for the tt, but I still got alot of respect for the jap. cars, except for the ricer punks that make us look bad. And I know my spec has potential too, but I'm ready for something new.
nah dont get me wrong dogg im not a TOTAL hater on asian automobiles. in fact my family had a couple subarus in our time, and those cars are solid. i actually used to have a 91 legacy wayyyy back in the day that i drove up to 260K, then gave it to my ex-GF who took it well past 300K. its just that once i went euro after that car, i could never could go back. the TT is my first audi- i was a bimmer guy before that for many years- but im tellin ya the TT does not disappoint!

Old 03-19-2008, 08:41 PM

Nah I didnt take it as you're a hater. I definitely love Asian cars though, I had a 95 tercel with 150k miles on it no problems until some wrecked it. Then a chevy prizm which 2 weeks later my engine blew ( I'll never buy a domestic again unless its a vette), then I had an 02 se-r spec v which I loved, and now the 07 spec, which is my favorite car I've owned especially putting the smack down on the new si. But I'm sure I'll love the tt more, I drove one when I worked valet and couldn't get enough. Thanks to all for the opinions, from what I see so far you guys are mad cool here, even if I don't end up getting an audi I think I'll stick around this forum

Quick Reply: tt opinions and problems