Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

TT Worship

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 12:00 PM
cmh
Default TT Worship

My friend and I have a running joke about how much we like our cars and the extreme ways take care of them, he has an E46 M3. We will say things to each other like
"I only use a virgin microfiber towel to check my oil" or "Today I waxed the INSIDE of my bumper",

I told him I don't usually let people eat inside my TT, he said "yeah well I don't even let them breathe!"

Just wondering if anybody else does this, I am running out of clever things to say-

Old 05-27-2008, 12:12 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: TT Worship

I used to make people take off their shoes before getting in.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:22 PM

Collin - I made sure to leave a fingerprint inside your car.

good luck finding it!

I usually take really good care of my car but have been neglecting it lately due to other projects. Once that 4th wheel gets in I'll be sure to back on pace for twice a week washes and once a week wax.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm make believe

It must seem that i hate my car since it gets washed maybe 1-2 times a month. My new place is by some wonderful red dirt roads (), im sure i will have to wash it more

Old 05-27-2008, 01:28 PM
3rd Gear

Can't help you man...

My car is dirtier than amy winehouse. [&:]

Old 05-27-2008, 03:21 PM
cmh

I moved to Maryland from rural NY and it is so much easier to keep a car clean here. Plus it helps that it's not my daily driver and I also have a van to move stuff. I wash once a week, wax one a month and clay probably twice a year.

Cincy, dirty roads are a bitch, I used to live on one and got so many stone chips. Even if I flawlessly detailed my car it would be dusty or muddy as soon as I left my driveway.

And I'm also not a neat freak about anything else in my life, I guess I just like the looks of the TT and think that when it's spotless it looks even better and I can appreciate it more?!

Old 05-27-2008, 03:37 PM
4th Gear

I'm right there with ya on the obsessive washes!
It's been tough since moving to my APT in Jersey though. However I still wipe the rims each night.
Kinda think of it as my way of getting the TT ready for bed.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:21 PM

I use detailing brushes around the vent rings and all the little crevices between the console, seat seams, etc,. But I'm not obsessive. I just like it clean.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:10 PM
5th Gear

yikes.

I have my toolbox on the pass. floor, the rear is gutted, with a couple cardboard boxes of car parts/trim pieces kicking around, my front bumper is held on only by the bolts that bridge across the hood line, and my fender liners only have half their bolts.

Work in progress a decent excuse?

I DID clean what interior trim remains the other day, and the car was washed last week, so it's not that I neglect it/beat on it. Its just in a transformation stage to a streetable track car. Power adders are secondary to suspension/brakes, 'show condition' comes in third.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:50 PM
SoCal Crew Member

i could go on forever~