Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Tweak my TT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 01:41 AM
Default Tweak my TT?

What can I do to tweak my 2002 180 TT? I don't want to spend thousand upon thousands of $$ but I would not mind getting a little more out of it. What would you suggest in the way of:

Exhaust? I like the dual exhaust look, but want a nice sound (no ricer sound please)... nice european sportscar sound.

Chip? They claim 25hp increase.. is that realistic? is it reliable? will it void the warrenty?

Increasing boost? How do I do this? Is it safe? What gain can I get from it? Will it void the warrenty?

What else? Injectors? Anything? What power gains can I look for realistically?

Old 04-25-2006, 12:00 AM
Default RE: Tweak my TT?

You can pick the right tuning company and then work it in stages. First dyno, then chip, then dyno, then add injectors, then dyno...It starts there and doing it from a baseline is the right way to go.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:32 AM
1st Gear

Definately chip it. Easiest, fastest way to get HP. No, up to 25 HP from a chip is not rare, in fact I would be suprised if you didnt get that. Then help the engine vreath, Cold Air & Exhaust. Unless you are going to go to a bigger turbo I wouldnt worry about injectors. You can increase your boost from the stock turbo. Stay tuned as soon as I can get the pictures loaded I will show how and where to do this. Before you do that though get an after market diverter valve. Forge makes a good one. Then you will want to move up to a 4 Bar Fuel Pressure Regulator. Then move to some cooler spark plugs. All in all the most expensive of the above is the exhaust. With the above set up you are looking to spend under $2,000.00. With this you will definately notice a difference. Oh yeah, if you are going to mess with the turbo get a boost gauge. AWE makes a sweet vent, gauge pod.

Old 04-26-2006, 01:36 AM
5th Gear

And if you don't want to spend $250 on a stupid boost gauge, an A-pillar gauge pod designed for a Supra will fit the TT with a little coaxing (read: hairdryer). Thow a cheap autometer gauge in it, and you're good to go.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:44 AM
1st Gear

Doesnt the TT have an airbag in the A pillar?

Old 04-27-2006, 06:10 AM
1st Gear

new to turbos what does a diverter valve do?

Old 04-27-2006, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

In a nut shell, instead of releaseing the extra boost (air) into the atmosphere like a blow off valve, it instead routes it back into the system. This allows for quicker turbo response and a decrease in turbo lag. The entire fleet of turbo Audi's use the diverter vavle. They do make kits if you want to go to a BOV, but its not recommend with these vehicles. I also think you loose HP.

Old 04-29-2006, 02:57 PM
5th Gear

Front airbags in the steering wheel/dash, and side airbags in the sides of the seats. Thats it.

BTW, those side airbags will give you a hellofa charlie horse if your arm is on the armrest in the door when it goes off.... Lots of punch for such a tiny bag.