Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Twincharge TT

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 09:45 AM
1st Gear
Default Twincharge TT

I've seen this done on some VW's but not sure if anyone has attempted on doing such with a TT. Ideas/Thoughts are welcome.

Cheers

RR

Old 04-29-2010, 04:12 PM
1st Gear

...maybe I need to post on vwvortex to get some responses...

Old 04-29-2010, 04:22 PM
2nd Gear

im pretty sure this has been talked about here so many times that people have already made enough comments. i dont think its feasible with such little space in the engine for two turbos, thats why most go big turbo.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:45 PM
1st Gear

Twincharge would be the concept of using a supercharger and turbocharger combination.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:47 PM
1st Gear

I hate to refer to a wikipedia link to justify my previous post, but before someone flames me about twincharging being twin-turboing a car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twincharger

Old 04-29-2010, 07:07 PM
2nd Gear

oh that would be dope. if it will fit

Old 04-30-2010, 09:43 AM
1st Gear

I would most likely have to relocate the battery to the trunk, which really isn't a problem. I know that some G60's have done this previously using a centrifugal supercharger, but I would entertain the idea of using a roots type instead.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:00 AM
1st Gear

Someone has done it before as I have found the link below.

http://www.eurotuner.com/eventcovera.../photo_86.html

Old 04-30-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm make believe

Rokka on vortex has done it. So it has been done but there is no point in doing so but to say you have done it. Turbos now are so far advanced, same sized wheels are now making 100whp more than the old designs and spooling faster. Same stupid thing as compound turbos...

Old 05-01-2010, 01:58 PM
1st Gear
Angry

Originally Posted by cincyTT
Rokka on vortex has done it. So it has been done but there is no point in doing so but to say you have done it.
Not gonna lie...your intent on this forum is to just throw a wrench in everyone's post and see it fail...is that your job as site moderator???

Turbos now are so far advanced, same sized wheels are now making 100whp more than the old designs and spooling faster.
Compressor wheels, turbine wheels? or would you be speaking of VGT (Variable Geometry) Turbo's?

Same stupid thing as compound turbos...
It is obviously NOT the same stupid thing as compound turbo...compound turbo uses a larger turbos compressor feeding a smaller turbo, and Twincharging, obviously DOES NOT. It IS however a method of Compound Forced Induction, which both fall into that category.

The reason that I was even entertaining the idea is partly due to my love for group B rally cars, especially the Lancia Delta HF Integrale, but also due to the location of the Intake Manifold on the TT, and the possibility of wedging in a small Eaton M62 or M45 into the bay.

Now if you want to discuss the topic rather than flame it to submission then I welcome you to contribute to the thread.

Cheers

RR