Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Twincharge TT

Old 05-01-2010, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by RenoRains
Not gonna lie...your intent on this forum is to just throw a wrench in everyone's post and see it fail...is that your job as site moderator???
i'm not going to lie either. this is quite a defensive over reaction.

i'm trying to learn here, so please quit inciting a flaming contest.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:04 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by danzan
i'm trying to learn here, so please quit inciting a flaming contest.
You just did the very thing by posting this smartass comment. If you don't have anything constructive to post about the topic that I have inquired about, then please begone.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:13 PM

your response says everything about the kind of person you are.

why not finish this off, by name calling?

Last edited by danzan; 05-01-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm make believe

Originally Posted by RenoRains
Not gonna lie...your intent on this forum is to just throw a wrench in everyone's post and see it fail...is that your job as site moderator???

Compressor wheels, turbine wheels? or would you be speaking of VGT (Variable Geometry) Turbo's?

It is obviously NOT the same stupid thing as compound turbo...compound turbo uses a larger turbos compressor feeding a smaller turbo, and Twincharging, obviously DOES NOT. It IS however a method of Compound Forced Induction, which both fall into that category.

The reason that I was even entertaining the idea is partly due to my love for group B rally cars, especially the Lancia Delta HF Integrale, but also due to the location of the Intake Manifold on the TT, and the possibility of wedging in a small Eaton M62 or M45 into the bay.

Now if you want to discuss the topic rather than flame it to submission then I welcome you to contribute to the thread.

Cheers

RR
These motors have been out here since 97. Do you REALLY think you are the only one to think of this? If this was 1990, sure, twin charge or super/turbo the car. HOWEVER, since its 2010, everything in the turbo world has changed. We have smaller and lighter turbine and compressor wheels moving way more air than wheels from 5+ years ago resulting in faster spool ups and way more lbs/min. Add in a ETT and 7 blade compressor wheels and you have a HUGE compressor map with way more low end and mid range power on a turbo that would be all top end. So like i said, no point in making things complicated when the tech is there and taking an hour out of your time reading about it would make you drop the idea. Also, these motor turn into a dream to drive out of boost when you stroke it to a 2L and more so when you go to a 2.1 or 2.2L.

But like i said, if you want to do it to say you did it, feel free and have your 15mins. As for me "throwing a wrench in everyones posts," I have been a long time member here and the most involved person on this board. I have seen just about everything on here and it drives me crazy when noobs come on here with the same ******* questions that have been discussed all the time since they are to stupid to use the search feature. Its topics like this and people like you why i spend almost no time here these days and discuss REAL topics elsewhere with true enthusiast.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:48 PM

since, as they say, 1 pic is worth 1,000 words, notice that ~300 ft-lbs torque is available at < 1800 rpm, with a stock tfsi & stage 1 APR tune.

i just got this on my 2010tt & it feels as quick, off the mark, as my 11sec, NA, V8 RX7.

Attached Thumbnails Twincharge TT-20tsivl_long_stage1_93_crank.jpg  
Old 05-04-2010, 11:56 AM
5th Gear

I choked on my lunch laughing at that. Cincy certainly has history here.

I say go for it. Too many opinions out there all boiling down to 'If you don't do it the way I would do it, your stupid'.

I have a little project started myself, and I often get flak for it because there's 'easier ways to make horsepower'. Well yeah, that may be true, but theres only so many ways to make low end torque and horsepower, and thats what Im after.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm make believe

Its sad Matt that you are still bitter.

Low end tq is only need in one gear, after that, whats the point unless you want to stay below 5k. These new turbos out now with HUGE compressor maps are already extending power by over 1k rpms. The only good way to make the best powerband is more disp, either a 2-2.2L or swap in a VR6 or spend a bit more time and money for a motor with an actually good flowing head in a 2.5 inline 5 and turbo that. For anything in the 400whp range, a 1.8t is a great motor.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:06 PM

i learned a lot from this tutorial on compressor maps

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/turbotech.html

Old 05-07-2010, 05:20 PM
1st Gear

Yes money's is a bit of an issue, since I have already shelled out nearly $3k for suspension components within the last month, but I could snake a small Eaton M45, M62, or M90 for next to nothing comparatively to the cost of a stroked motor or a larger turbo.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:40 PM
5th Gear

Whats your suspension setup lookin like? I have a crapload of money into the suspension on my car as well.

Search this Thread