Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Whoa what a HUGE improvement...Please comment!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 12:57 PM
2nd Gear
Default Whoa what a HUGE improvement...Please comment!

Hey guys,

As most of you know on here, I just bought my 2000 Audi TT, about 2 weeks ago. I bought it with the check engine light on. Followed by me cleaning it and screwing up the airbags [:'(] . However Yesterday I brought it to the dealer. They ran the check engine codes on the car and found that my MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor was bad. It was causing the engine to miss fire, fuel to run lean, and the turbo to not function. Needless to say I paid the $300 for parts and labor to fix this sensor.

The car has a chip (ECU) and an exhaust system (Cost the first owner $1600 parts and labor)

Anyways Before I took it to the dealer I thought the car was quick....nothing amazing...but decently fast.

I raced a friend who has a 1995 Lexus SC300 (4.0 v8, chip/exhaust) while the check engine light was on he beat me by about 6 car lengths...and I still gave him a good run for his money up untill about 40mph.

Now with the check engine light fixed ( New sensor ) ...I kept up with him all the way to 110mph before shutting down. I even at times had a heads up on him.

These cars are amazingly fast. I'm not running any extra boost (To my knowledge) ....again I have the reciepts in my glovebox (which is busted...cant get in) ...but once I do i want to see what you guys think of the brands...etc

anyways ..... does your car accelerate this quick? ...it honestly gives me a stomach ache from taking off....

Old 10-25-2006, 01:07 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Whoa what a HUGE improvement...Please comment!

Also I had a friend in the car video taping all of this....if anyone here knows how I can post a video I would love the help!

Old 10-25-2006, 03:49 PM
4th Gear

Try posting it to YouTube and post a link on here - I'd like to see this. Sorry, I didn't catch it - but is yours a 180 or 225?

Old 10-25-2006, 04:32 PM
2nd Gear

Mine is a (stock 180) According to the previous owner with mods it has 230hp

Old 10-25-2006, 04:53 PM
4th Gear

Mines the same - trying to ink out the ponies without sucking up the fuel - Premium is $2.60 a gallon here - hurts even more when it's over $3 [:'(] lol

Would be nice to get mine up in that range - most the guys here have been a big help in pointing me in directions I didn't know existed. The whole purpose for forums, eh?

Old 10-25-2006, 05:34 PM
2nd Gear

dang man, thats cool...

if you have a chip it up's your boost to around one bar i think... at least that's how it is with the k03's on the a4's...

btw 1bar = 14.7psi...

search the forum for "chip" and/or GIAC and APR. those are the two major companies that do performance software for audis...
im not sure on your speed limiter, usually they take it off when they reflash your ecu...

Old 10-25-2006, 05:59 PM
2nd Gear

I'm still trying to break into my glove box...i shut it right when i got the car leaving the paper work inside ... and i dont want to pay the stealer to get into it.

But $1600 for exhaust/chip ..(including labor) ...is still pretty spending.... I can feel the difference. I am goign to order a Cold air intake in the next few days...

For those of you with chips/exhaust.... what kind of gains are you noticing?.... **** today i was driving back from lunch...i was crusing at 25mph....in 3rd gear...just threw my foot down...and i was at 60 almost instantly...felt the front wheels turn a little bit and everything.... in every other sports car i've ever had ...it only did that during take off...

I loooooove TT'S!

Old 10-25-2006, 09:47 PM
1st Gear

I definitly love the way these cars drive, and even better after you put a few things into it. I have a 2003 225TT right now with the APR chip, forge DV, and a custom intake. I can keep up with my brother who drives a 2003 Evolution 8, which has a chip, exhaust, and a boost controller. I can't quite beat him yet, but I'm hoping with a custom exhaust system I might be able to take his car.

When I first looked at this car I loved the look, but after learning of the 1.8 liter engine I assumed it was going to be slow. After the first drive I was impressed, and that was stock.

-Anthony

Old 10-25-2006, 11:33 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: bmwtoaudi

I'm still trying to break into my glove box...
Are you sure the glove box isn't locked?
Use your ignition key, it should slide right in, then either turn towards the right (so it's horizontal) or turn towards the left(so it's vertical)

Whatever you do don't try to turn the key more than it will go.
It's not like a lock on your house, there are only 2 position!

Old 10-31-2006, 07:04 PM
1st Gear

Hey guys im new to these forums.
Im the guy with the SC400

I was shocked what difference fixing that check engine light did to my friends TT. Before I easily smoked him after 40 now he is keeping up all the way to triple digits. Amazing!

Just for information, My car has 152,000 has exhaust , modified air box, S-afc custom Dyno tuned. I make 207 hp and 230 torque to the rear wheels.

Quick Reply: Whoa what a HUGE improvement...Please comment!