B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

a4 t3/t4 upgrade help

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Tech Slut

Originally Posted by jabba
they said if i wanted 300hp+ i would need a maf from a v8 and 630 injectors and the bigger eurodyne tune he also mention that it would run on low psi dont know if its true... how would a maf from a v8 work???

i'm running the car with stock injectors right now and it runs like **** turbo surging and barely moving if i connect the maf it shuts off but if i disconnect it cars runs alot better but still slow... before i get the 440cc just wanna make sure those people know what they are talking about..
Usually its just a change in housing for the maf, but eurodyne commonly uses different sensors, so it really could be either. The not making more than 300awhp on 440's is about right. You said 250 last time which didnt sound right. Im sure they know what they are talking about, but you should always watch out for being over sold.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:32 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by FasterA4ThanUrs
Ok, that is much more like it lol. I was about to say. When and where is this happening.

I saw a thread with a 1.8 on a 3076r making just over 500whp on 630's, which I thought was very impressive. I dont recall if it was a gti or a4, but it must have been fwd to get those numbers. I know it was on race gas, but still. I'm not planning to make much more than that on my current setup when its back together, which is 1000cc's and a 35r.
That was most likely a FWD on race gas running a rising rate FPR.

1000cc injectors with a rising rate FPR(base 4 bar) on a single 044 pump will be good for around 570-580whp on race gas.

Originally Posted by jabba
they said if i wanted 300hp+ i would need a maf from a v8 and 630 injectors and the bigger eurodyne tune he also mention that it would run on low psi dont know if its true... how would a maf from a v8 work???

i'm running the car with stock injectors right now and it runs like **** turbo surging and barely moving if i connect the maf it shuts off but if i disconnect it cars runs alot better but still slow... before i get the 440cc just wanna make sure those people know what they are talking about..

They are talking about a Ford 4" maf which IIRC is off a Lightning truck. This is the maf they use to tune for big power on the ndbw cars. So the MAF maps inside the tune are adjusted to use the V8 4" maf readings. The stock maf can only read so much air flow, after that the ECU just dumps fuel. So you dont want to run the stock maf to the point that it is always maxed out on the readings. So this is why Eurodyne uses a larger maf that is different.

Unitronics does the same thing, but they just use a 3" maf with the stock maf sensor. This causes less of the air to be read by the sensor, they just remap the fueling table to make up for that difference and keep the AFR where it needs to be.

Are you saying your running the turbo with the stock 210cc injectors which aren't even enough for a K04? Wow, you need to park the car and do it right before you blow up the motor seeing that your most likely running really lean. Even on a K04 the stock injectors need to be ran on a 5 bar fpr and some even went too the point of tuning for 310cc injectors on a 3 bar fpr. Now your sitting there running a turbo that moves more air and still running tiny injectors that were meant for a 150hp car.

Larger turbo - Tuning - Fueling
If you haven't done all 3 of these you should NOT be driving the car. Sorry but you are driving an Audi not a Honda.

Last edited by Mike-2ptzero; 01-09-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Guru

listen to this man..... he has been doing this **** for a long time

Old 01-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Slut

Originally Posted by Mike-2ptzero
That was most likely a FWD on race gas running a rising rate FPR.
1000cc injectors with a rising rate FPR(base 4 bar) on a single 044 pump will be good for around 570-580whp on race gas.
Yes, I said it was fwd and on race gas. And your talking about a B6 returnless system or the newer VW's, not mine right? Because obv my fpr is fixed. And I dont have the ability to run leaded race gas because of my cat.
They are talking about a Ford 4" maf which IIRC is off a Lightning truck. This is the maf they use to tune for big power on the ndbw cars.
Yes its the SCT maf from the lightning. Like the one thats on my car.

Unitronics does the same thing, but they just use a 3" maf with the stock maf sensor. This causes less of the air to be read by the sensor, they just remap the fueling table to make up for that difference and keep the AFR where it needs to be.
I always found this stupid, especially the fact that the maf pipe is often times smaller than the turbo inlet its being used with.

Larger turbo - Tuning - Fueling
If you haven't done all 3 of these you should NOT be driving the car. Sorry but you are driving an Audi not a Honda.
I wouldnt do it on a Honda either

Old 01-09-2011, 03:51 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by FasterA4ThanUrs
Yes, I said it was fwd and on race gas.
Actually if you read your post, you said it must have been FWD to get those numbers. Huge difference between must have been and WAS.

And your talking about a B6 returnless system or the newer VW's, not mine right? Because obv my fpr is fixed. And I dont have the ability to run leaded race gas because of my cat.
The returnless setups are static. Our B5's use a rising rate FPR which has a vac line to it that uses vacuum/pressure to lower/raise the fuel pressure. So unless your running no vac line to you too are running a rising FPR setup.

I always found this stupid, especially the fact that the maf pipe is often times smaller than the turbo inlet its being used with.
That is usually something they use on lets say the K04-BT setups which tend to have a 2.5" or smaller inlet. On anything larger its just better off going mafless but thats only an option for the wide band 02 cars.

I wouldnt do it on a Honda either
LOL. yeah but those dont actually come with a turbo on it stock. So the person would have to be really stupid to throw a turbo on a non stock turbo car without tuning the car. But then who cares if those blow up, its only $100 to get a another motor for them anyways.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Slut

Yea youre right about that, I said it must have been lol. But its obviously a FWD if its making that power on that setup, ya dig?

And I was under the impression they were fixed on the b5's for some reason.

Unitronics uses the small VR6 maf housing for all their AEB tunes regardless of turbo being used as far as I know.

Why are we talking about hondas now lol

Old 01-09-2011, 11:29 PM
4th Gear

You might be thinking fixed rate of 1:1 in changing fuel pressure to vacuum/boost pressure vs a changing rate as the boost goes up. B6 system is a fixed/static 4 bar, really only changing a little but never going above that.

The FWD car was most likely running a 4 bar or 5 bar base fuel pressure and a FPR. Basically giving the 630cc injectors flow equal to 727cc(4 bar) or 813cc(5 bar).

Kind of like how I am running my 1000cc injectors at around 60psi which gives them a flow of 1175cc.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Slut

You might be thinking fixed rate of 1:1 in changing fuel pressure to vacuum/boost pressure vs a changing rate as the boost goes up. B6 system is a fixed/static 4 bar, really only changing a little but never going above that.
Very possible. Its hard to keep track of all these stupid cars. Sometimes I just want to sell everything and get another truck, but then Im sure I'd be lifting it and all that **** like my Bronco.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:16 AM
4th Gear

I have one(2010 Titan) and for some reason have a itch to throw a SC or turbo setup on it. lol

Old 01-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Tech Slut

Thats a nice truck from what I hear... But personally I'm not into the import trucks. I really want to get a f-250 diesel, but then I'll just be modding the **** outta that. I know of a few trucks that will give my Fox a serious run for its money.

A cocky guy with a Ferrari lost 5 g's in a race to a Ford diesel by me last summer. Made me very happy.

Quick Reply: a4 t3/t4 upgrade help