B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Anybody seen/getting rid of facelift fog grilles?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 02:58 PM
2nd Gear
Default Anybody seen/getting rid of facelift fog grilles?

plan on doing Ecodes to match my clear corners.. cause the old non projector headlights are hideous haha and the lenses match about as well as black and white.. so since im upgrading the headlights, im gunna need to do some facelift fogs.. i can get the foglights for a decent $115 brand new on ebay.. ill be looking on the other forums as much as i can (vwvortex and the zine) for used ones.. but if theres anyone who is getting rid of theirs to do a FMIC or has them lying around.. i need the facelift fog grilles left and right (4 pieces i think) the grille surrounds for the fogs and the other pieces.. there was a set of everything in the classifieds but i think someone snagged them.. PMs or replying to this post would be super helpful.. thanks in advance guys..

Old 12-14-2008, 03:45 PM
5th Gear

vwvortex has a guy selling his fogs and grilles for 60 i think

Old 12-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Yeah but Hiwords, when I saw yours - the brand new ones you put in - the difference was amazing. Mine were purchased from another owner and have the typical road rash. The output of your new ones was fantastic. Would probably be worth the money to buy them new, to be completely honest.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:07 AM
2nd Gear

ill look on vortex right now.. if there really is that big of a difference in the light output and stuff i dont mind paying 115 for a set brand new, its not a bad deal but.. 60 for everything is a deal.. the grilles are like impossible to find anywhere aside from buying each individual piece for like at least 20 bucks a piece, which is rediculous.. ill keep my eyes peeled.. facelift fogs, ecodes and HIDs.. prolly 6000k.. i cant seem to kick the modification bug even in the winter.. i think its worse.. by the way lovin the cars guys..

Old 12-15-2008, 03:07 AM
1st Gear

where did you find them for 20 bucks a piece, the cheapest i could find was like 45. ive been looking for the past two weeks, its annoying i keeping seeing some on ebay and then i realize they are for b6. frustrating. i think i might check out a junkyard.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:18 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by osin34
.. 60 for everything is a deal.. facelift fogs, ecodes and HIDs.. prolly 6000k..
Yeah it really is a deal. I paid just over $100 for my set. And that's exactly what I am running - facelift fogs, Depos, and 6000k HIDs, and I love the setup. I am sure you will too

Old 12-15-2008, 12:12 PM
2nd Gear

haha mann oh man i guess great minds think alike.. i think im gunna love it too.. i guess i shouldnt said $20 a piece cause ECS has the fog covers for like $27 i think a piece.. but they dont sell the rest of the grille.. at least not that i could see.. i had to replace a grille insert cause when i bought my car one of them was knocked out, and it was $17 and easy to find.. and yea dude, i think junkyard might be in order.. i think there is one over in NH that is all VW/Audi stuff.. my friend bought an older Golf there for a beater.. ill have to call and see.. might be able to get them cheap.. if you guys are semi local? im not sure how far away from like.. whitehall (the grundle of NY) you are lol but i live in VT like 20 mins from there.. if you guys can think of anything you need id def call and take a look over there for ya..

Old 12-15-2008, 01:06 PM
2nd Gear

Shokan has the entire grille kit for 56 bucks... like both sides, bezels and everything.. they are in like new used condition.. cause they take them off of cars and store them in a stock warehouse.. if i cant find anything better in the next couple days ill be getting those, and the fogs from ebay.. by the way guys, did you just fabricate some brackets for them?

Old 12-16-2008, 12:24 AM
1st Gear

i was wondering the same thing for brackets
Here is were i got my e-codes and over misc parts
http://www.force5auto.com/

Old 12-16-2008, 12:29 PM
2nd Gear

thats a great link/place for us since were close to NH.. ill def keep that in my favorites and give them a call.. but yea the brackets? still anyone with any input? i talked to Sine and she did hers outta aluminum and stuff, ill have to get it on the lift and check out the spots when i get the fogs in..

Quick Reply: Anybody seen/getting rid of facelift fog grilles?