B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Audi dealership ruined my engine!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 06:45 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi dealership ruined my engine!!!

So here's the deal, I went to the audi dealership near me to get some replacement OEM parts, and have them installed, the first diagnosis was that the tie rods, cv boots, airbag wiring, and dipstick needed to be replaced. Which I had known beforehand bringing it to them. So I paid them for their labor and parts cost, and when they brought the car out to me, I started the engine, and It sounded horrible, and make a very loud noise due to the camshaft adjuster, which is now fucked because they told me the oil passageways were clogged, but in reality the car was flushed and had brand new oil in it from about a month ago. Now they want 2100 dollars for this repair, what should I do?

Old 04-30-2013, 07:35 PM
1st Gear

Tell them to f*** off, if they ruined the car they should fix it themselves without any charge but hey this is what happens when repairing the car at dealerships, they will always find things to fix and charge you for it.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:20 AM
1st Gear

Agreed, george.. I never have the dealer do anything unless its a recall or warranty.. I don't know how the dealer would have messed up your can adjuster tho..

Old 05-01-2013, 09:33 AM
2nd Gear

It's a lot of fun to beat up the dealer. But if he did suspension work, he was no where near your cam adjuster. It just happened to go bad after the suspension was out.

This topic is why I turn people down who want to pay me to work on their cars.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:39 AM
1st Gear

Exactly mtroxel...

I don't know how the dealer would have screwed up anything in the engine..

They're usually known for either charging crazy amounts for their labor.. Or wanting to replace everything that's a little worn with OEM new.. You can easily spend 2k at the dealership and have a car that's no better off then it was..

Old 05-01-2013, 09:43 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by CryptoStorm
You can easily spend 2k at the dealership and have a car that's no better off then it was..
Ditto. That statement I'd buy. But did the dealer spend an extra 1 1/2 hours of labor just to get to your cam adjuster so he could mess it up?

Come on!!

Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 AM
1st Gear

Agreed.. The thing is that its a cam adjuster..

If they worked on the suspension and the the abs light started coming on it would be one thing.. A cam adjuster is quite another thing..

Old 05-01-2013, 09:05 PM
1st Gear

Well he did say they replaced the dipstick as well. I don't know involved or extensive that can be on his engine, given that I have no idea what engine he has, but it wasn't just suspension work. Just throwin my 2 cents in there

Old 05-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by mtroxel
It's a lot of fun to beat up the dealer. But if he did suspension work, he was no where near your cam adjuster. It just happened to go bad after the suspension was out.

This topic is why I turn people down who want to pay me to work on their cars.
Oh man, I've gotten screwed by the pooch on the that very topic multiple times. I only work on my own vehicles now. I once did a timing belt job on a 2.7T allroad and one of the turbos blew up (nothing to do with what i was doing) but I'm still waiting to settle the law suit for that one.

To the OP, you can't prove the dealer blew up the motor unless you remove the pan and see something that the TECH might have dropped in there blocking the oil pick up when doing the dip stick. That is the ONLY way you would win a law suit if you decided to go that route.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:01 AM
1st Gear

They did mess with the heads due to the dipstick assembly being broken into pieces, sorry forgot to mention that guys.

Quick Reply: Audi dealership ruined my engine!!!