B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Audina's recovery

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 02:02 PM
2nd Gear
Default Audina's recovery

Hey fellas,i've been busy as a bee,haven't been on the B5 threads lately but i have been tending to Audina,for those who don't know,Audina is what i call my 01 B5...yeah..she's an "Autobot" aka automatic but i still lover her as you guys love your manual's.

She went under the wrench about 2 months ago,had her tranny replaced with one that was claimed to have 70.00 miles,who knows when it comes to trannies,what milege they truly have......anywho she is shifting better than ever.

I still have to get some things done,camshaft adjuster seal/valve cover gasket is leaking oil,Front propshaft seals are leaking,i think the ones with the half moon,not sure, rear left and right axle seals are leaking differential fluid. Secondary air vacuum lines leaking.

Despite these issues,she runs fine with no effects,still want and need to get them done as i can't stand Audina suffering but funds are low,on unemployment benefits,on a budget as it is,all this was done with income tax return,now i'm broke with still things to repair.

anyone in the tri-state area willing to work for food? lol ok..not just any food,pizza and beer! lolz I will drive to you,long as you're in the tri-state area as i am in connecticut.

I also have a secondary incorrect air flow code with the check engine light,its the only code that shows up on my vag-com scan.

I had a few boo boo's on Audina that i got fixed,she had a dent on her driver side quarter panel and a scratch along her driver side upper and lower bumper and a big scratch,in the middle of her front bumper,got all those things repaired.

I also gave Audina a mask,she is now known as...dun dun dun...THE MASKED A4!,it gives her a kind of villainess type of look.

it's just for the summer as all the dusk and rocks will kick up real bad from the hot weather,not recommended for all year round as water traps under the bra and rusts the paint.

I even gave her an "evil"eye color...BLUE! yup...you guessed it...Audina is now a proud owner of 10000k HID Bulbs,I bought the 35.00 kit from the bay and installed them in my stock housing.

Here are a few before and after picks of her rapair work,i forgot to take a few pics of Audina at night,to show her in her HID splendor,also i am curious to know,if i need to get 3000k HID fog bulbs,to complete the look? or is the stock fog light enough to compliment the headlight HID's?

I'll take a few pics tonight,when it gets dark and update my thread.

P.S. anyone know of a DIY Valve cover gasket /half moon seals article for my 01 1.8T AWM and also i need my vacuum hoses replaced,anyone know where i can score some hoses for a cheap price,i think i need them to repair my secondary incorrect air flow. Just in case i come across someone who will do it next to nothing or even a fellow Audi enthusiast that will do it for free!

ouch!

ahhhh!

oww!

yowers!

yay!! ^_^

Old 04-28-2011, 03:19 PM
2nd Gear

I forgot,i also have two inner door panels,with a driver and passenger side door handle covers,main window switch,both front door speakers with their tweeters. I also have one clear corner 2 piece light for a 96-98 A4.

This is all for barter,for work on my A4.if anyone is interested,pm me if you want these parts,in turn for labor.

Old 04-28-2011, 04:35 PM
1st Gear

Nice but I though you said that the trans was bad just recently?? Glad to see sh'es back on the road. Do you have emissions where you live? Also the VC and cam seal are fairly easy (the latter needing a tesioner tool unless you get creative .

Old 04-28-2011, 05:57 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Papa_Dios
Nice but I though you said that the trans was bad just recently?? Glad to see sh'es back on the road. Do you have emissions where you live? Also the VC and cam seal are fairly easy (the latter needing a tesioner tool unless you get creative .
Yes,i have emission,its a couple months away,so i have time to get her fixed,if you're talking about 2 months ago,yea,she did have a bad tranny but not any longer.

I don't have the tools to "do it myself"so i need someone to help me out.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:40 PM
1st Gear

you interested in selling the drivers door speaker? i need it BAD! I'm also in CT, with a 1.8tq auto... with a blown tranny right now haha. And her name is Adriana. Weird

Old 04-28-2011, 06:57 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by DRWonoski
you interested in selling the drivers door speaker? i need it BAD! I'm also in CT, with a 1.8tq auto... with a blown tranny right now haha. And her name is Adriana. Weird
I'm using these spare parts for barter,though. I am curious though,why would you want to install a driver side speaker in your A4 with a blown tranny? what part of CT. do you reside?

Old 04-28-2011, 07:51 PM
1st Gear

nice to see your getting things sorted , and your getting car tidyed up , where did you get that bra from and how much does one of them set you back .... id offer to come give you a hand but over in England lol

keep up the good work

Old 04-28-2011, 08:27 PM
1st Gear

north east corner. up 91 to 84 east all the way to the end

Old 04-28-2011, 10:35 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by JASEA4
nice to see your getting things sorted , and your getting car tidyed up , where did you get that bra from and how much does one of them set you back .... id offer to come give you a hand but over in England lol

keep up the good work
I grabbed mine from esctuning for $24.95 USD,with shipping i paid $35.58 USD
http://www.ecstuning.com/ES473309/

hmm..england eh? i might consider the pilgrimage,with the costs of getting Audina repaired here in the states...perhaps i may take a vacation in england to get my A4 fixed.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:09 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by JASEA4

keep up the good work
I grabbed mine from esctuning for $24.95 USD,with shipping i paid $35.58 USD
http://www.ecstuning.com/ES473309/

hmm..england eh? i might consider the pilgrimage,with the costs of getting Audina repaired here in the states...perhaps i may take a vacation in england to get my A4 fixed.

Quick Reply: Audina's recovery