B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Best A4 B5 Mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 11:05 PM
1st Gear
Cool Best A4 B5 Mods

After I get my 99 a4 B5 v6 audi in good working order and shape (which I think will be fairly soon), I will be bored and looking into what else I can do to it.

Any ideas ?
Already has aftermarket rims.

Some things I am thinking:
Xenon 6k Halo type lights- black on black car.
Install my subs/amp to the BOSE system in trunk.
.....?

Seriously out of other ideas. For reference the car is black, black leather interior.

Please help.

When I got it about a week ago the car looked like this: (need to fix front bumper and clean it/fix paint still)

Old 11-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Administrator

Projectors with HIDs, facelift fogs, clear sidemarkers, A8 brakes, S4 swaybars, catback exhaust (custom, not purchased), Emil's LED conversions (Krauto Parts), RS6 engine swap with 6mt tranny...

Old 11-05-2011, 11:37 PM
1st Gear

Put all your money in the engine.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Administrator

Lol, and go from 193 to about 202hp...

Old 11-06-2011, 12:34 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Mojo3
Xenon 6k Halo type lights- black on black car.
While it's your car and everyone has their own tastes, you will likely get flamed and dubbed a "ricer" if you put halo style projectors on your Audi because "halo's belong on BMWs." (Just a heads up). I think someone around this forum stated they had the halo style installed and they began to burn due to the HIDs being hot. You may want to keep this in mind before dropping $200 on headlights. Do what you want and don't let others persuade you from your personal likes, they're not driving your car.

The 2.8 doesn't have options for increasing horsepower without spending a ton of money (if you use the search function, you'll find this out very quickly, or read the FAQ sticky thread at the top of this forum page). That said, most 2.8 owners do what ImTheDevil stated above, plus a drop on lowering springs or coilovers

You may find this entertaining too: AudiDIY.com Audi B5 A4 DIY Articles

Last edited by Skythe; 11-06-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:36 AM
1st Gear

Make sure to buy legit headlights if you do because my car came with ebay ones that don't aim up at all, now i work nights so i'm putting the stock ones back in, so i can see more than 10ft, but they do look cool

Old 11-06-2011, 08:03 AM
1st Gear

Detail the **** out that thing. Looks like it could use it...

2.8 = slow and low

Old 11-06-2011, 10:26 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by SaMataras
Detail the **** out that thing. Looks like it could use it...

2.8 = slow and low
Hah, I am waiting till I get a driver side window on monday and then I will 'detail the **** out of it'. Don't want to soak my interior :P.

Seems who ever owned it before I bought it a couple days ago didn't like to keep the outside very clean. Atleast they put 20 inch rims on it tho!

Today I took all my door panels out and fixed them up so they look nice (painted parts and cleaned them). Now they are drying and look good.

Tomorrow I get my driver window, going to install it myself then tint it then head straight for a car wash.. hopefully Ill find some cheerleaders to do it for me.

After that I may polish up the rims and/or see how bad the paint wear is on the car as I can't really tell now. Maybe polish the car if its not terrible.

After that.... put my door panels back in as they will probably be dry enough by then.

Then ... I am going to take out the rear seat and find out why the back right speaker raddles extremely loud upon playing any song. At the same time I may run a power cable to the trunk from the engine bay for my subs.

Then I will be ready to do whatever. Thanks for all the great ideas. I will post some pix once I have it detailed.

Dan

Old 11-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Administrator

Get into some interior customizing too - aluminum or carbon fiber trim looks good. I did suede in mine for a different look. Several of us have done some different things to customize our interiors and there are pics in several threads in the Interior subforum here. One guy had pics of his suede door inserts, another guy removed the centers of his seats and stitched in suede panels, I dyed my seat centers, door inserts, and bottom of my steering wheel in a contrasting color. You can get some good ideas there.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Here's a shot of what I did:

Quick Reply: Best A4 B5 Mods