B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Best A4 B5 Mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Guru

Um... Well you'll want to start with getting a legit bodykit and a wing. Remember: the bigger the better, like this guy:

He has the right idea all the way. Legit bodykit and big wing. You have an AWD car so rear down force is VERY important. Then you'll want to go with a HUGE fart can on the back.

I'm a dick...

Old 11-07-2011, 08:19 AM
1st Gear

/killitwithfire

Attached Images  
Old 11-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Administrator

^^ROFL. Almost spit coffee on my lap top

Old 11-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Guru

The best mod for any v6 guy is to trade it for a 1.8t

Old 11-08-2011, 06:15 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Here's a shot of what I did:

Nice bro love your seats. I would like to do something similar as mine are tore up black leather, but rear black leather is mostly good still.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Thanks man, you can find seats easiest on the Vortex classifieds - get a pair of black fronts and do 'em up

Old 11-08-2011, 06:29 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by airguard350
Um... Well you'll want to start with getting a legit bodykit and a wing. Remember: the bigger the better, like this guy:

He has the right idea all the way. Legit bodykit and big wing. You have an AWD car so rear down force is VERY important. Then you'll want to go with a HUGE fart can on the back.

Thanks for the inspiration!!! I have drawn out my new plans for the vehicle (see pics)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Total HP increase: estimated over 5000hp+ at-least. Those fins are very aerodynamic and with the large front air intake that's not connected to anything I am sure I will be leaving you all in the smoke at the next stoplight we meet at.

Last edited by Mojo3; 11-08-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:41 PM
1st Gear

I got my driven window put in. Got to fix a piece of the plastic that holds the window up on one side due to it flimsily breaking from being so old, but at least I got the window up for now. Door panels are all dry now and I installed passenger door and rear door panels back on. They look nice.

Will post pics tomorrow.

The driver panel is still off as I need to glue the plastic piece back together , wait a few days for it to cure (dealership doesn't sell it individually apparently..) then reinstall it and hope it doesn't break ever.

I also fixed my front bumper, its now properly aligned and secured as it should be (look close in pix its falling off a bit).

Next I will figure out why oil light is going off and beeping constantly, but still generating heat.

Then I will run my wires to the trunk and play with my subs!

After that maybe figure out what the wheezing noise is coming from the right engine bay upon acceleration- and why the belts squeak sometimes softly until brake is applied.

This is just a fun project car I picked up as it was cheap and I am hoping it will last until I graduate. Don't have a ton of money to put in it- its just for fun and getting me to the grocery store as I usually am on two wheels. Sofar I love the style of the car and how it drives so once I have a good job I may look into aquireing a newer audi. If It lasts the next year until I grad and some after it will be money well spent.

I am trying to make it as nice as I can (stock /clean look is my fav) and doing the best to fix up the worn/screwed up stuff prev owners did. Sofar it looks pretty good overall. Just needs a cleaning exterior now and the paint is screwed up in areas. There are minor visual things wrong in interior but overall id say its decent condition.

The high prices people charge for these to do it for you are ridiculous for a college student. A lot of things they wanted around 250+ or 100+ for I did for 10 dollars myself.. haha. I like working on cars tho so this cars perfect for me.

Dan

Last edited by Mojo3; 11-08-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Sounds like great progress man, looking forward to updated pics.

FWIW, doing my seats cost me less than $50 and part of an afternoon in total. Same amount of time and $23 in materials to redo my wood trim in black suede (it's in the pics too). You can debadge it with goo gone, fishing line, and rubbing compound too - there is quite a bit you can do for very little money and not a lot of time if you're so inclined.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:59 PM
1st Gear

And the award for best use of ms paint goes to ....

Quick Reply: Best A4 B5 Mods