B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Bose amp location??

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 11:30 PM
1st Gear
Default Bose amp location??

On my 01 b5 my speakers say Bose and.i have the symphony double din deck. But I cant seem to locate my amp. I checked my trunk and all corners of it and nothing is there. Could someone please post a pic/or explain where it should be? Thanks in advance.Im slowly starting to belive im missing an amp because my stero system kinda sucks for a bose..

Old 05-31-2012, 11:51 PM
1st Gear

did you check the corner of the trunk that has the little toolbox in it?

Old 06-01-2012, 12:09 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by aeeroN
did you check the corner of the trunk that has the little toolbox in it?
Yeah I found it a few min ago, its.behind the black metal toolbox holder. I noticed a plug up near the amp unplugged. Im guessing that belongs to the CD changer if my car had one? Im still confused as to why my sound system sucks. It has bass but not as much as my old b6's non Bose system.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:41 AM
1st Gear

I had a gut feeling that my current stero that was in the car had some sort of issue, so i went ahead and bought a oem stero from ecs tuning for 37$, swapped them out, and my cars sound system is so much more better now, atleast 4x more bass now, and much better sound over all.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:21 PM
1st Gear

Advice anyone? Similar situation to DanaB6, with a 2001 A4 sedan 1.8T - poor sound, and passenger front speaker (not tweeter) distorted/scratchy. Also bought $37 new head unit from ECS. Everything sounds a lot better(!), but front speaker still same distorted/scratchy. Replaced it with used one from Shokan, but, problem exactly the same. Not sure why just one speaker would be bad. Two bad speakers to begin with? Wiring problems like a short of some sort? Any advice appreciated.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:46 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by lmlevine
front speaker still same distorted/scratchy. Replaced it with used one from Shokan, but, problem exactly the same.
Gotta be wiring. You could pull the radio out and rewire the plug to swap the tweeters from left to right just to test. But I think you're time would be better spent pulling out the tweeter and just wiring it straight into the plug on the back of the radio with new wire as a test. If that does it, might as well just pull both new wires to the door. Pulling two wires is the less work than isolating that bad wire so you can just pull one.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:21 AM
1st Gear
Default Wiring

Thanks. On to the wiring - oh boy.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:47 AM
1st Gear

Thanks. On to the wiring - oh boy.
Just to get back - before I checked the wiring, I remembered I had some old car speakers and plugged one in just to test. No distortion. Returned the speaker I got from Shokan, they sent me another (they won't do refunds on "electronics") and this one works. Yay. Find it odd that Shokan says they test speakers, but, this one really did arrive bad. Oh well.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:33 AM
2nd Gear

Just to get back - before I checked the wiring, I remembered I had some old car speakers and plugged one in just to test. No distortion. Returned the speaker I got from Shokan, they sent me another (they won't do refunds on "electronics") and this one works. Yay. Find it odd that Shokan says they test speakers, but, this one really did arrive bad. Oh well.
Yea Shokan keeps leaving the impression that they pretty much don't care what the customer thinks. They have a lot of good parts, but their attitude is pretty much "stop asking questions, do you want this or not?"

Glad you got it fixed.