B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Comfort Control Module Location?

Old 02-25-2012, 09:37 PM
1st Gear
Default Comfort Control Module Location?

Hello, I'm helping a friend with her 2001 A4 1.8 and she lost her power windows, keyless entry, sunroof use. From my searching around it seems to be the consensus that its the comfort control module is the culprit. Does anyone know where this thing is? I took apart the trunk, and found a module, but I'm not sure that was the module, so I moved on to looking under the carpet passenger and driver side and didn't see anything but the floor pan. Then I proceeded to under the dash, found the relay pannels, but nothing that looked like it could be a CCM. At the very least does someone have a pic of the part I'm looking for.

I did find the pic showing the location on a TT, but that doesn't really help much. And also guys with info on jettas, and gti's. Any help is appreciated, pics, links, a place that is trusted, and has good deals on CCM'S. Thanks for any help sent my way.

Dave

Old 02-26-2012, 06:55 AM
Tech Certified

I think it is under the drivers carpet. The drivers seat will have to be removed. You will also probably find that area full of water. Just a guess though.
Pull sill plate , lift carpet & shove your hand down under there & see if is wet. If it is let the fun begin.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:58 AM

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b6-...d-pics-157735/

they say its under the drivers seat carpet, but when I took my carpet out i don't remember seeing it, maybe because I wasn't looking.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:02 AM

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-...ut-ccm-111156/

read this - all the write ups i could find are for passats not Audis. I know that that thing wasn't under the seat. I don't think b5 A4s have them.

I would say that module you found on the right side of the trunk - the central locking pump - is the culprit. I remember when i unhooked mine a bunch of **** didn't work, brake lights, windows, lock, ect...

Old 02-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Certified

Originally Posted by jonbonesjones
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b6-...d-pics-157735/

they say its under the drivers seat carpet, but when I took my carpet out i don't remember seeing it, maybe because I wasn't looking.
The module is usually encased in a black plastic case.

Some are located in the r/r of vehicle. Don't have Elsa in front of me right now.

Last edited by M5S5; 02-26-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:16 AM

just noticed thats a b6 link.
M5S5 - did you read the second link. multiple people say they don't have it? I can't confirm this, can you, you seem to know your way around these cars.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:29 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for all the help, I'm starting to feel more and more confident that I will get this problem solved. I figured it's knowledge I can use on my VW in the future...gonna see about uploading the pics I took of the module I found in the trunk.

Now that I'm thinking about it I didn't pull the front seat, but I did pull the carpets back as far as I could, didn't see anything near the seats, or saw any wires routing that direction. The wires only routed along the door sills (sp?), and when I shoved my hand under the carpet, I didn't notice any moisture at all. I'm not ruling it out that it could be under there though, for all I know the wires are routed through the consol and drop in under the seat.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:07 PM
1st Gear

Here is the plug on the module that I found that was corroded.

Name:  IMAG0111.jpg
Views: 31308
Size:  75.1 KB

How the module looks that I found in the trunk.

Name:  IMAG0110.jpg
Views: 31969
Size:  76.7 KB

Took this for the model number, the white cap is the part that I was holding in the pic above.

Thanks again for everyones help, I really do appreciate it.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:52 AM

So audi b5's dont have this. I have the same symptoms and my mechanic said that it is the CCM located under the carpet of the drivers foot rest. But today I went to a yunk yard and this a4 2000 didnt have nothing where the CCM should. I have take out the carpet of mine, but then, what should i do? it is a 99.5 1.8 T

Old 02-29-2012, 07:42 AM
1st Gear

I saw nothing either under the carpet...I did see a thread yesterday while looking for a good deal on the central locking module that was talking about how this part effects the alarm if just removed for a while. They said it wouldnt, but he would lose use of his windows. I'm 90% percent sure this is the problem, and am going to have her order the part. I'll be sure.to report back, but that will be a bit as we haven't even ordered the part yet. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Comfort Control Module Location?