B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Door Lock Modules

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 04:48 PM
1st Gear
Default Door Lock Modules

I posted this in a different thread and got no response. Hopefully this is the correct one. I have a 2009 A4 prestige. My rear door module went bad and cost me 375 to replace. The door just whacked out and wouldn't open from the outside "most" of the time. It also messed with the locks. If the issue was triggered you wouldn't hear the beep when locking from the key. Anyway it was annoying so I paid the $375 to get it fixed and now 3 months later the other side is doing the same thing. Is this just terrible luck or more crappy Audi parts. paying $750 to be able to enter my rear doors is pretty ridiculous. Has anyone else had this issue? Even aside from the issues with the door modules failing my least favorite thing about the car is the locks. They are just annoying an rarely work properly.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:20 AM
2nd Gear

All of my locks stopped working one day. I found that I had to replace and reprogram my CLS/CLP (Central Locking System/Central Locking Pump). I bought a new pump and used VCDS Lite to reprogram the entire system (I also added features while I was in there).

If you have a 2009, you almost definitely have a different (updated) system than I do, but it definitely sounds like the "newer version" of my problem.

Do your door locks use an air actuating system, or are they electric?

Old 01-12-2016, 12:35 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by A4TurboGuy
All of my locks stopped working one day. I found that I had to replace and reprogram my CLS/CLP (Central Locking System/Central Locking Pump). I bought a new pump and used VCDS Lite to reprogram the entire system (I also added features while I was in there).

If you have a 2009, you almost definitely have a different (updated) system than I do, but it definitely sounds like the "newer version" of my problem.

Do your door locks use an air actuating system, or are they electric?
I understood about 9 words of what you said. Thanks for the reply though. This is my first Audi and as much as I love the look and drive of it, I am really getting sick of being nickel and dimed. I've had several of these "minor" issues that always cost several hundred dollars to fix. I've found an independent place so I don't get completely screwed by the dealer, but it still stings each time I have an issue. I'm hoping this one lasts a while longer but it could be my last.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:51 AM

Nice stuff dear. I like your post