B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Fermilier with coolent leaks on 2001 s4's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 05:30 PM
Default Fermilier with coolent leaks on 2001 s4's?

leaking from intake manafold gasket. would any one k if the inside of manafold is warped? any suggestions?

Old 04-01-2009, 12:32 AM

How many miles on the car? Are you sure it's coming from the intake manifold, or could it possibly be coming from a leaking radiator hose? Best guess would be to start the car and look under the hood. If you're sure it's coming from the intake manifold, open the bitch up and look around. Sorry but I'm not too familiar with the s4 engines...

Old 04-01-2009, 01:51 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jessec262@yahoo.com
How many miles on the car? Are you sure it's coming from the intake manifold, or could it possibly be coming from a leaking radiator hose? Best guess would be to start the car and look under the hood. If you're sure it's coming from the intake manifold, open the bitch up and look around. Sorry but I'm not too familiar with the s4 engines...
nice.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:53 AM

Thanks?

Old 04-01-2009, 01:54 AM
1st Gear

cause you spelled the word correctly haha

Old 04-03-2009, 08:51 PM

Yea sorry i didnt mention but i got it looked at and they said it was leaking from the manafold gasket cuz a week before, they put green die in were you put the coolent so we can see were its coming from. So i got it looked at again to do a pressure test, no hose leaks nothing like that...looked down under intake manafold and found the green die liquid. The cars got 103,000 on it now. Its chipped, new deriviter valvs but mostly stock. Someone also told me the reason why it needs a gasket is cuz the inside of manafold is warpped and ani freeze is getting in the motor, fries the piston rings therefor smoke comes out of exhaust when you get on it...which mine does but not all the time and its white so idk if thats a good thing or not and i dont even k if ani freeze is even getting in my motor lol. My question is should i dump it and look for a new car or spend mucho bucks to get it fixed and maybe later down the road seek more problems?

Old 04-03-2009, 09:41 PM
2nd Gear

Run a compression test and a cylinder leak down test to make sure its not getting into your engine. If it is getting into the motor than you got a big problem.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:20 PM

White smoke = Burned Oil

Old 04-05-2009, 06:52 PM
3rd Gear

no, white smoke = water/coolant vapor

blue-ish smoke = burning oil

Originally Posted by mrfcukinS4
Yea sorry i didnt mention but i got it looked at and they said it was leaking from the manafold gasket cuz a week before, they put green die in were you put the coolent so we can see were its coming from. So i got it looked at again to do a pressure test, no hose leaks nothing like that...looked down under intake manafold and found the green die liquid. The cars got 103,000 on it now. Its chipped, new deriviter valvs but mostly stock. Someone also told me the reason why it needs a gasket is cuz the inside of manafold is warpped and ani freeze is getting in the motor, fries the piston rings therefor smoke comes out of exhaust when you get on it...which mine does but not all the time and its white so idk if thats a good thing or not and i dont even k if ani freeze is even getting in my motor lol. My question is should i dump it and look for a new car or spend mucho bucks to get it fixed and maybe later down the road seek more problems?
your english teacher just rolled over in her grave

Old 04-05-2009, 08:23 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by mrfcukinS4
wow, I wish I could help but I can't understand anything besides green liquid. First of all, the coolant is the G12 pink/reddish liquid. Get hooked on Fonics and then solve your coolant problem

Quick Reply: Fermilier with coolent leaks on 2001 s4's?