B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Front suspension kit ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 08:25 AM
2nd Gear
Default Front suspension kit ?'s

PureMotorsports ( http://www.purems.com/products/product.php/II=1013 ) and Blauparts ( http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail....=M1A1101-02-1A ) both seem to have decent kits. Anyone with experience of either? I can save a good $100 with Blauparts, but won't quibble when safety comes into play. Any other ones you could point me to would be greatly appreciated as well. I would prefer one source for the whole kit and brakes all the way around. Not looking to upgrade the brakes more so than maybe slotted or drilled rotors and ceramic pads but no big brakes. I have to put quite a bit of money into the body so I could really use a good deal on these parts.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:38 PM
3rd Gear

both are probably fine, go with blau to save some money. there isnt any real safety concerns (unless you find a $50 kit on ebay from china) except on the lower quality kits the rubber bushings can wear out faster and squeak and need to be replaced again.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:03 PM
2nd Gear

check this one out. Ive been looking at this one for a while now and i think i might get it next week. My control arms starting to make alot of noise when its hot out so its a sign to replace them all

Old 05-23-2009, 09:24 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jiggleo
PureMotorsports ( http://www.purems.com/products/product.php/II=1013 ) and Blauparts ( http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail....=M1A1101-02-1A ) both seem to have decent kits. Anyone with experience of either? I can save a good $100 with Blauparts, but won't quibble when safety comes into play. Any other ones you could point me to would be greatly appreciated as well. I would prefer one source for the whole kit and brakes all the way around. Not looking to upgrade the brakes more so than maybe slotted or drilled rotors and ceramic pads but no big brakes. I have to put quite a bit of money into the body so I could really use a good deal on these parts.

Funny you ask: I'm pounding that very same Ocap kit from Blauparts into my A4 this weekend. The quality is excellent on it; the only real difference that I can see from the more expensive Myele kit is that the rubber seals on the joints are sealed a little differently, but I don't know if that's going to make any real difference in longevity. I installed a set of Ocap tie-rod ends on my A6 over a year ago, and they still look like new.

Just my 0.02.
-Red

Old 05-23-2009, 11:35 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Emilgevor
check this one out. Ive been looking at this one for a while now and i think i might get it next week. My control arms starting to make alot of noise when its hot out so its a sign to replace them all
not seeing a link or anything

Old 05-23-2009, 11:41 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by RedShoeRider
Funny you ask: I'm pounding that very same Ocap kit from Blauparts into my A4 this weekend. The quality is excellent on it; the only real difference that I can see from the more expensive Myele kit is that the rubber seals on the joints are sealed a little differently, but I don't know if that's going to make any real difference in longevity. I installed a set of Ocap tie-rod ends on my A6 over a year ago, and they still look like new.

Just my 0.02.
-Red
Let me know how it works out for ya and if there's any pointers on that kit itself that may help. Thanks for the reply. Oh and gotta ask Blue Light or Jack Daniel's go better with that job lol.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:52 AM
4th Gear

If you are just looking for the control arms 034 offers a OEM set that I sell for $370 + shipping. I was told by 034 that they were left over sets that were not used on the production line.

Now if you guys are interested in the Myele kit from Purems let me know and I will see what type of discount I could offer you guys as a group.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:57 AM
1st Gear
Talking front end kit

i got mine from fcpgroton.com and it was great. all update control arms and sway bar links. only cost $263 delivered to my front door

Old 05-24-2009, 12:10 PM
2nd Gear
Old 05-24-2009, 12:26 PM
2nd Gear

That kit would work if you could figure out which tie rods to throw in and what price that would add. PM me back about the total of all the stuff we discussed and I'll let you know.

Quick Reply: Front suspension kit ?'s