B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

got caught with the tint

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Default RE: got caught with the tint

Front window tints are illegal in Michigan so I had them done with 35% 3M and 20% on the rears. It burned a nice little hole in my pocket at about $370

Old 03-01-2008, 02:07 AM

I have 20% all around on my 99. If im correct, a tint offense is a second offense, which cops have to have another reason to pull you over first. 1-2 over may do it, but hey.. Like everyone else said, its hit or miss. I havent been hit yet for it.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:38 PM

speak of the devil, i got pulled over for my tints... i shouldnt have said anything LOL. He only gave me a warning, but he said I have 14 days to take it off or I get a ticket.. at this point for a 300 dollar tint job, im just gonna take the ticket. It'll be like 50-75 bucks.. I'm not gonna pull my tints and then have to re-tint them.. Good luck with whatever you do tho.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:05 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: teamdaraptor

speak of the devil, i got pulled over for my tints... i shouldnt have said anything LOL. He only gave me a warning, but he said I have 14 days to take it off or I get a ticket.. at this point for a 300 dollar tint job, im just gonna take the ticket. It'll be like 50-75 bucks.. I'm not gonna pull my tints and then have to re-tint them.. Good luck with whatever you do tho.
i got busted with tint too dark in my 03 gti in LA. It was a fixit ticket cuz i told the officer i had just bought the car, which was true but i took it straight to the tint shop lamin-x all arou nd. pulled over 3 days later for wreckless driving and caught a ticket for the windows.
i got out of both tickets. I just told the judge i couldnt drive stick shift good (blatent lie) and thats why i cut a wheel taking a turn, and that i had bought the car with tint on it. I took my liscense plate off and took it to a dealership on sunday and put the back plates on a black 04 Gti with no tint. and then pulled the plate and exited quickly. i took a printout of the photo to court, and showed the judge the car with no tint and my liscense plate very appologetically, stating I was unaware that the dealership could sell me a car with the window tinted illegally.

all tickets dropped, I walked across the street and around the corner, and jumped into my illegally tinted motorvehicle and cut a wheel out of that piece

Old 03-06-2008, 05:05 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AteUrV8

5% tint all around, never been pulled over. It helps living in Arizona cuz cops dont mess with you since its so dam hot they pretty much let u tint the windows as dark as u want
Glad to hear that, I'm moving out there in July and I have 20% all around. Here in Ohio I've been pulled over 5 times in the past 2 months for tint and got 3 tickets for it. It sucks....

Old 03-07-2008, 11:16 AM
1st Gear

well i plan on taking the tint off myself this weekend and later on getting it done with the tint that allows 70% or more natural light in the car (thats the true legal way for NY even though my tint shop said all added tints are illegal here). He was going to charge me $150 to take it of and $170 to put on some lower tints.

PS. Good news is I completely fixed my subs (know a little audio stuff so did it myself. After seeing you guys doing most the work on your cars yourself think I'm going to go that route) and now the stereo is kicking (but with lower tint it leaves me open to theives... sucks to live in the "hood" sometimes).

Now i just gotta change the left front control arms and tie rod and fix my sunroof problem and i should be good for now.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:57 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: bemor187

ORIGINAL: teamdaraptor

i got busted with tint too dark in my 03 gti in LA. It was a fixit ticket cuz i told the officer i had just bought the car, which was true but i took it straight to the tint shop lamin-x all arou nd. pulled over 3 days later for wreckless driving and caught a ticket for the windows.
i got out of both tickets. I just told the judge i couldnt drive stick shift good (blatent lie) and thats why i cut a wheel taking a turn, and that i had bought the car with tint on it. I took my liscense plate off and took it to a dealership on sunday and put the back plates on a black 04 Gti with no tint. and then pulled the plate and exited quickly. i took a printout of the photo to court, and showed the judge the car with no tint and my liscense plate very appologetically, stating I was unaware that the dealership could sell me a car with the window tinted illegally.

all tickets dropped, I walked across the street and around the corner, and jumped into my illegally tinted motorvehicle and cut a wheel out of that piece
So, you're a dumbass? Is that what you're trying to say?

Old 03-07-2008, 02:13 PM
1st Gear

I am the dumbass that got out of all my tickets, and got to keep my tint

Old 03-11-2008, 10:26 AM
1st Gear

well took my tints off and everything is good for now but i think i realy need to hurry up and change my control arms because the handling is a slight bit off. Thanks again for the advise yall.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:14 AM
1st Gear

in oklahoma... if it rolls it drives! woohoo! No inspections, No Emissions, No enforced tint laws.

This is what freedom is! haha

I can even carry a shotgun or a rifle in my back window legally!

Quick Reply: got caught with the tint