B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

happy.... i washed the damn thing lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Administrator

Never saw a good side shot of a black V6, but that chrome window trim really pops against the black paint; looks great. I like that stance Phil, I'd leave it the way it is.

Also, I was thinking about yer wheels, when I was in college I worked at a machine shop and people used to bring rusty, f*cked up stuff into the shop all the time for us to sand blast the crap out of it. It was dirt cheap. Would be kind of a pain in the *** since you sold those other wheels, but its an idea.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by turtleboy
Personally I think it looked better before, the whole "slammed look" just looks cheap to me.
And it will handle better at a higher ride height.......

yay, lets spend tons of money on coilovers and lower it to the point where I'm limiting suspension travel and f'ing up the roll center!

Old 03-20-2010, 11:17 PM
3rd Gear
Old 03-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Administrator

I dunno man I think you gotta keep in mind that the 12v is not a race car. Its slow as ****. that in mind, i'm not worried so much about handling and roll center and cornering ability as i am about how the car looks to ME (or Phil, or Aledelic, or whoever)

Old 03-20-2010, 11:20 PM

lulz.

I'll stick with good handling!

29. The home of bad taste and poor geometry.

Last edited by pyropenguin; 03-20-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by pyropenguin
lulz.

I'll stick with good handling!
if i had a fast car i would absolutely agree with you. but i don't. neither does Phil. I think it looks great and I plan on lowering my car as well. Plus, his coils were free.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:56 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by pyropenguin
And it will handle better at a higher ride height.......

yay, lets spend tons of money on coilovers and lower it to the point where I'm limiting suspension travel and f'ing up the roll center!
well either u have a very short term memory or u didnt know... but i didnt pay for them so i dont give a ****...

and just like cca4 said.. this car is slower than dog ****... its not an effing race car nor do i want it to be.. but i am gonna raise it a lil bit tomorrow cuz im getting too much rubbage and i cant clear speed bumps anymore, sooo ima go up a tad....

and as far as your question aledelic... 23.5 in front and 24 in rear.... what are u sitting at? like 22?

Old 03-21-2010, 12:02 AM

"My car is slow, so I'll make it handle like ****, too!"

Makes sense....

Old 03-21-2010, 01:01 AM
3rd Gear

don't raise it! you just have to go over speed bumps at an angle. I was at like 22.5 front and a little under 23 rear.. my front tires rubbed a lot when turning but all I did was take a hammer handle and bend the two spots in where the tire would hit. took about two minutes. it only looks kinda different in the inside of the wheel well.. where nobody will be able to see

Old 03-21-2010, 01:02 AM
1st Gear

Lowering the car that low will screw with the stock suspension geometry and handling, but if you're not tracking your car (or not doing any "spirited driving" in the hills) it doesn't matter.

People generally slam cars for the looks and aren't really concerned with the performance (form over function in their minds), so more power to them if they want to do it.

I generally prefer function over form and even then I don't like the way it looks, but that's just me!

Quick Reply: happy.... i washed the damn thing lol