B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 11:37 AM
1st Gear
Default HELP!!!!

I am having alot of trouble with my 00 a4 1.8t tip... When i go to fill up gas it accepts like 30 cent at a time. I have to remove the nozzel and pressure releases and i repeat the process over and over.. If I decide to hold it in then it shoots gas out of the tank once the pressure builds and runs down the side of my car... This has not been a temp. thing, its been going on for a few months now.. I took the car to a non-raping bosche certified shop and they replaced a broken pirge valve and put in a new fuel pump... This did not fix the problem.... He said i should take it to a audi dealership because he was stumped... He uses vag-com and said still he could not see what was going on... Does anyone have any idea of what it could be b4 i take it to the stealership....???????? Every bit of help is appreciated...

Old 05-12-2008, 11:53 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: HELP!!!!

going to get codes from autozone will post in a little while...

Old 05-12-2008, 12:21 PM
1st Gear

Advance Auto Parts Global OBD2 reading:

P0411

Secondary Air
Injection System
Incorrect Flow

I know my secondary air system is bad I have a hose missing that i havent replaced yet but that wouldnt have anything to do with the Accepting gas now would it? I figured maybe my fuel injectors but would that have anything to do with me putting gas into the tank...??

Old 05-12-2008, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

My old stratus used to have this exact same problem too.. never could figure it out. The only thing i can think is that the car was in an accident and the body got fixed, but the fuel tube got bent or kinked somehow, causing the fuel not to flow into the tank but instead get backed up and spray out of the hole..? Good luck figuring it out, i know how frustrating it is when you have to stand there at the pump for 30 minutes to fill the tank

Old 05-12-2008, 07:10 PM
1st Gear

yea i kno it sux.. I have a appt. on wed. to get raped by audi unless anyone, ANYONE can shed some light on me on what to do....