B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Help me choose my destiny (part2)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 03:15 PM
B5
1st Gear
Default Help me choose my destiny (part2)

I want a B5.

But, i want it to be a 11s 1/4 miler daily driven snow winter reliability with the lowest fuel cost with less expensive mods .
I know im asking a lot but at least i know what i want so id really appreciate your help/opinon please.

My choice:

B5A4 1.8T = 3250 Lbs
Horsepower: 150 hp Max Horsepower: 5700 rpm Torque: 155 ft-lbs. Max Torque: 1750 rpm EPA Mileage Estimates: (City/Highway) Manual: 22 mpg / 29 mpg http://www.edmunds.com/used/2000/audi/a4/869/specs.html
(but it seems a lot)

Some mods :

ATP Turbo gt28rs
From: http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release041205.htm
Further testing resulted in a much quicker GT28RS turbo on a 1.8T engine, at least by 300 rpm faster than any other off the shelf GT28RS turbo driven by an aftermarket manifold on the original T25 flanged turbine housing.

And the rest is butter! The GTRS even in the bolt-on combination has no problem extracting close to 350 Crank HP @ 22 psi of boost on the otherwise stock engine.

Other mods :

APR chip
1997-99.5 [align=center]A4[/align] 1.8T 200hp/243lb-ft

I think the A4 would be the best choice for lowest fuel consumption but i think im still far from the 11s even with the upgraded Turbo.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

B5S4 2.7TT = 3600 LBS
Horsepower: 250 hp Max Horsepower: 5800 rpm Torque: 258 ft-lbs. Max Torque: 1850 rpm EPA Mileage Estimates: (City/Highway) Manual: 17 mpg / 24 mpg

Some mods:

APR KO4s
From http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/stage3_27tko4.html
This ultimate turbo system upgrade is now available for the 2.7T cars. This kit is capable of 447 horsepower and 467 foot-pounds of torque at the flywheel on 93 octane gas, while retaining stock-like drivability.

Other mods:

APR chip
2000-02 [align=center]S4[/align] 2.7T 307hp/366lb-ft

Maybe the S4 with 2 KO4s will be close to 11s but i wonder how many KM or MILES i can get on a tank.

_______
_____
____
___
__
_

I know their is ALOT more mods than that to come with, ie: IC, fuel pump, injectors...(...)
But IMO the best HPs for $$s come from Turbo and Chip (including kit needed to installation)

So feel free to add personally known informations or lived facts that could help me do the best choice for me.
Thx a lot !!!!!!

Old 04-26-2008, 03:52 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Help me choose my destiny (part2)

https://www.audiforums.com/m_816714/tm.htm

11's is gona cost a lot of money. i would aim for 12's unless you got deep pockets.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:09 PM
1st Gear

Asking that much in a single car is going to be expensive for sure.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:27 PM
1st Gear

Well, your title of this post is kinda contradictory... Since...

The definition of "destiny" is:

"A predetermined course of events considered as something beyond human power or control"

Youuuu can't really choose your destiny... Hahah anyway I would get the TT....

Old 04-27-2008, 12:41 PM
B5
1st Gear

so mid to low 12 would be more possible with the 1.8t engine ?

Old 04-27-2008, 01:30 PM
5th Gear

high 12's with an elim setup (cheapest)
mid to low 12's with a lot of weight reduction and a 71r
11's with a gt30 or larger

if your gona do an s4, i would get one that's been wrecked and stage 3 that thing. with enough weight reduction you can actually get into the 10's w/ just k04's and proper tuning. but im talking serious weight reduction

but 11's is possible w/ full interior. and done right, it'll only end up costing ~12 grand.

but gas and insurance are also much higher w/ the s4, and when things go wrong its more expensive to fix. a 1.8t is a more practical daily driver. But anything past high 12's in a full weight a4 is gona require new rods, but after that you can run 11's for around the same price as running low 12's. so your either gonna spend a decent amount of money and get 12 second car, low or high 12's will be dependent on weight, or a lot of money to run 11's, again low or high dependent on weight.

and actually the 12 second cars are more streetable than 11 sec cars typically. they spool up faster and are more fun.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Administrator

LOL, B5 please don't take this as me implying that this applies to you - it doesn't. I remember years ago on the Z boards, there was a known idiot (worthy of being Kemp's godfather). He posted up saying, "I want to run 11s - what do I need?" One of the veterans answered, "a shorter track." I loved it

Again, I'm not aiming that at you in any way - just the post in general mentioning running 11s reminded me of that

Old 04-27-2008, 02:58 PM
2nd Gear

haha i like the "shorter track" comment.

Easiest way would be the S4 but like everyone stated insurence and gas will kick your ***.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:08 PM

that rhymes. and good luck getting an 11 second daily driver that is reliable. Your asking for way too much man, you need to balance out the pros and cons and figure out exactly what you want.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:15 PM
B5
1st Gear

Well actually maybe 11s is a lil too much for the type of car i want (awd turbo).
I dont want a subaru (i just dont like the car, maybe its good but i just dont like them...)
No volvo neither,
I use to concider a talon latest model with 6 bolts engine but nah...(anyway thats another story)

Its just that in my area its raining vr6turbo, subarus, civicT, skylines, 300zxtt....
I always loved the B5 model and i want to make them eat the dust...Or at least not eat their dusts...

BTW, shorter track is an awsome comment

Quick Reply: Help me choose my destiny (part2)