B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

I have boost...Then I don't... Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, that can be tough. I think the FT is well worth the price tag, especially now that the F21 has replaced the F4L for longitudinal 1.8T motors. But given your situation, you're going to have to decide if spending that much money is a smart thing to do.

For K03's, check the classifieds on Audizine and VW Vortex. They're a bit more extensive than ours.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:49 PM
1st Gear

Thank you for the condolences.
Things will just be tough for a while, especially financially.. I just dropped off my project Mk4 Jetta GLX VR6 at her boyfriends house for her on saturday..

Anyway, I appreciate the help and your opinion on my situation.
I keep going back and forth...and back and forth.. etc. between the FT and a K03.
I really want to do the FT, but I really question if it is a smart choice.
I'm always the one that says "go big and do it once", but I'm not sure about my financial future.

I think I will rebuild a K03 if I find one at a decent price.
If the rebuild adds up to too much, I'll go FT and save my pennies.

Oh, and thanks, I'll check VwVortex and Audizine.

P.S. Do you think it is ok to drive with the turbo the way it is?
There is no shaft play...so I don't think it'll be puking oil or anything.
Just not much boost.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:50 PM
1st Gear
Default great reading,

hello fella's
the more i read the more i learn and it amazes me on some the technical stuff you all know, im glad to find this colume as in australia, u meantion audi and people thing $$$$$$$ and also hide as there inexperianced to have a go, but im not, for 2 days ive been trien to work out a boost problem also, started of with 2 p.s.i , bein a owner of 6 audis 4 of them drivable, i knew my 1.8t auto would **** all over this new 1.8t manual what ive always wanted, and its been played with down sydney way by someone who knew some tricks but sloppy workmanship, in posts here ive learnt about the n75 bypass valve that ,,''AUDI'' didnt know how it worked and just said by a new one, the only european mechanic ( german guy ) scrached his head and said bmw's arnt turboed so i dont know much, yr boost must be goin into the petrol tank past this one way valve, hahahha ,
well i tee'd it and left it open to bleed off andgot 5 p.s.i boost, now i just disconnected it alltogether and got a whole 50kpa , witch is 7.1 psi, i see what u mean after 4500rpm it lowers to 40 kpa then 35, its all a learning curve, thanks fellas yr readin has been very knowlegable,
and as for running that turbo with a ruppured impella wheel, no worries, JUST REMBER WHEN IT DICINERATES AND GOES THROU YR MOTOR makin more damage, you,ll need a bigger bugget to repair it all, as they spin up round 80 to 100,000 rpm if im not mistacken,