B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

I need an Audi know it all to inform me please

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 07:31 PM
1st Gear
Default I need an Audi know it all to inform me please

Hi all, I live in Pittsburgh and work in a neighboring boro. I need some advice on a 96 A4 2.8 with 216,000 miles on it. Heres the ad.

"1996 Audi a4, 216,000 miles, 5 speed, not inspected, needs rear struts, a tune up, 4 tires, the mirrors on the doors are yellowed out and cant see out of them, drivers side heated seat doesn't heat, needs a passenger side headlight bulb, and a left front Cv joint is clicking.... $1000 obo... call or text for pics anytime..."

My question is am I walking into a nightmare here? I was thinking 650 for the vehicle.

I can work on cars no problem...but Ive heard the myth that audi's are impossible to work on. Is this true, or am I looking at about the same thing as my now sold 95 and 02 M3?

I'd have no problem just purchasing a whole motor and tossing it in if need be. Basically Im just looking for anything you guys think I should know. For example..common problems, easy fixes, cooling system? Drive train...whers this car going to break the bank...stuff like that. Thank you very much and hope to hear some good things.

Attached Thumbnails I need an Audi know it all to inform me please-a4j.jpg   I need an Audi know it all to inform me please-a42j.jpg   I need an Audi know it all to inform me please-a43j.jpg   I need an Audi know it all to inform me please-a44j.jpg