B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

I need a new sound system in my car.. someone recommend me parts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 03:33 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by johnson90512
I have a cheaper amp I bought off ebay, it is called a Power acoustik. Its an 1800 watt amp, I bought 2 Kicker Comp 12" CVR, and I bought a atrend ported box, and I think I only spent like 340 on all of it, and it hits so very hard.
HAHAHA dude you totally just described the system I had in my 1997 A4. Are the CVR yellow or silver? That "cheap" power akustic amp is actually a kick *** amp. I bought a 2000w version of it tho. Its been working like a champ for the past 3 years no issues what so ever. My brother is the owner of the system now and he loves it.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:51 PM
1st Gear

i put my whole system together for 500 roughly. Almost all of it was eBay and everything came perfect and the eBay store i got most of it from was sonicelectronix they're like crutchfield.

Power Acoustik PTID-4333NRB $200
* Bluetooth
* DVD/CD
* External inputs and outputs for video
* 4 Volt pre-amp out with RCA sub hook ups
* RCA plugs for every speaker if u want to run more power for the speakers thru an amp
* DTV
* NAVI
* SD Card

Visonic 12" Subs pack $150 (for being so cheap they hit hard)
* Comes with Amp box and subs (box is very well built)
* 1500watts
* Amp Wiring included not the best but does the job

Rear Deck Speakers
* Infinity Kappa Seris 6.5" 2 way $75
* Amp Powered which i got for $90 and has plenty of power MA Audio

Fronts are stock the sound perfectly fine don't need much bass out of them

Both amps are attached to the sub box and then used the a bracket to hold the box in place. I think my system sounds amazing and even if i want more bass i can always upgrade the subs cause a box alone is almost $100

Anything else let me know good luck

Old 04-03-2011, 06:56 PM
2nd Gear

I second the sonic electronic store I have bought frommthem swell and had no problems.
I just installed my new system and I am a big pandora fan and alpine makes a pandora head unit. Ida-x305s it's the **** and you can change the color to red it's amazing and the pandora and iPod are crystal clear.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:38 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Emilgevor
HAHAHA dude you totally just described the system I had in my 1997 A4. Are the CVR yellow or silver? That "cheap" power akustic amp is actually a kick *** amp. I bought a 2000w version of it tho. Its been working like a champ for the past 3 years no issues what so ever. My brother is the owner of the system now and he loves it.
They are the silvers dual voice coils, and ill tell you man they have the highest SPL, and SQL of any subs that ive personally heard. which do you have? I love my power acoustik, id almost say that it is too much for what I need, I just need a little extra bump, but instead I can rattle the celing panels of all the local gas station.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:02 PM
1st Gear

I personally LOVE the Bose stereo that came with my car - I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:06 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by johnson90512
They are the silvers dual voice coils, and ill tell you man they have the highest SPL, and SQL of any subs that ive personally heard. which do you have? I love my power acoustik, id almost say that it is too much for what I need, I just need a little extra bump, but instead I can rattle the celing panels of all the local gas station.
LMAO haha dude thats exactly what happened. I pulled in my local gas station few years back to get some smokes and I left car running with the volume up like half way and while I was giving guy cash next song has a lot of bass. LOL his signs were rattling all over the place. He wanted to see what the hell is in my trunk. I showed it to him and he was very surprised that it came from pair of kickers... I had these (NOT MY PICTURE but you get the idea)

Last edited by Emilgevor; 04-06-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:49 PM
1st Gear

What are the size for the speakers in a 2001 audi a4..

Old 04-06-2011, 03:21 PM
2nd Gear

they require custom mounting but 6.5 rear deck and i used 5.25 up front, it helps to trash the old speaker internals and use the ring for a mount or custom fab one or you can buy them for a rediculous price.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:26 PM
vgo
2nd Gear

has anyone here have trouble removing the double din radio? I just received the radio tool in the mail and I have no luck in removing it. I havent had radio for a month and a half now!!!

Old 04-06-2011, 08:59 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kduznetsov
500-1,000 as low as possible
I would look for a head unit with a built in crossover, a sub and a sub amp.

You factory speakers will sound a lot better with more power and the low bass frequencies filtered out and the sub will fill in the gaps.

you dont have to spend crazy $$ but remember you always get what you pay for....be weary about anyone that uses the term best regarding audio gear, that is like asking what the best car is...if you are unsure stick to well known name brands.

Upgrading the factory speakers without upgrading the amps will be very disappointing, they will not be as loud. Factory system are designed to be low power so the sensitivity rating on the speakers is very high.

Quick Reply: I need a new sound system in my car.. someone recommend me parts?