B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Instrument cluster warning box question

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:16 AM
2nd Gear
Default Instrument cluster warning box question

Alright, so basically the warning indicator box that sits above the temperature gauge and mpg gauge started flashing me the circle with the MPH inside it that has a small '1' on the outside of it. Curious as to what the deuce this meant, I checked in the manual and it told me it was a speed limit warning and thats all fine and well and would be convenient if I ever bothered to go the speed limit, however, not knowing that that particular feature was in my car, I've never set a speed limit for the computer to beep at me every so often when I'm going above whatever speed the computer is set for. Now I suppose its possible that having not known this was an option, I could have accidentally set it somehow unknowingly but I've gone well over the 65ish range it started beeping at me at tonight and never had it beep before so in theory, I would have had to "accidentally set" this limit sometime in the last 2 days, the problem being that during the course of the last two days, I've just been driving to work and back and that route has had an increase of cops so I've been a little more cautious to not exceed 40mph in too much excess.

Now that that's out of the way, its worth a mention that the manual lacked information on clearing this speed limit thing so my question is how can I clear it? Likewise, is there some sort of leeway on this limit? Like I said, it started beeping at me around 60-70 so I'm not too positive on the exact setting, but is it possible that if I accidentally set it for say 50, is it supposed to beep right at 50 or would it wait til I hit 60 to let me know I was going a little fast?

TIA,
-Justin

Old 08-06-2008, 01:11 PM
1st Gear

This should hopefully answer your question:

http://www.audi-forums.com/c5-forum/...ing-light.html

As for the tolerance, I think its somewhere around 6 mph