B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

It's the Timeline..

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 04:11 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by mikekey
My reasoning for the Red LED's in my map lights is the same reason astronomers use Red flashlights, it's for the road. And I travel a lot. White LED's do like luxury though. I might do a blend.
They do work great for that reason... I used to drive with them on just for the hell of it.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:57 PM
3rd Gear

Nice work, a drop would really complete the car

Old 05-05-2010, 07:00 PM
2nd Gear

nice looks great always thought u had one piece headlights though

Old 05-05-2010, 09:31 PM
2nd Gear

thanks guys.. yea id love to dial in a stance with coils but i dont wanna drop the coin on them, and i think the H&R sport springs would provide a nice little drop.. the race springs i think would look better but id feel a little too low for the vermont winters..

and B5, i think in some of my pics it almost looks like i have 1 piece with the old pre facelift headlights and clear corners, but they werent.. these projectors look awesome, and i know those pics are with the car dirty but shes shining like no bodys business tonight, and the car is lookin good.. now whats irritating me is that torn up lower drivers side molding haha..

Old 05-05-2010, 10:50 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by osin34
whats next on your list of things to mod? looks like a good start there.. you gunna go BT ever?
Actually I'm seriously considering a gtrs setup. But not till next year. I'll probably get the H&R sport springs like you, although the race setup is tempting for the lower stance. Then probably around July I'll do my LED tails and rims with new tires. I'd like to also do a A8 brake up grade and get her chipped. I think next year I'll start looking into serious performance mods. I have to much going on with my different businesses right now to really play tear apart the car for longer than two days.

Sigh, I also wish I could land an S5 bumper with the fogs and grills for under $300 already painted black, but I know that's a fat chance in hell.

Last edited by mikekey; 05-05-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:56 PM
2nd Gear

that def sounds like a good plan.. A8 brakes and springs/shocks are on the to do list for me too.. outside of that, its some little cosmetic stuff like the moldings and some maintenance like control arms..

Old 05-06-2010, 10:12 AM
2nd Gear

lights look sweet i wanna get some now cause they look just like 1 piece in your sig

Old 05-06-2010, 11:08 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by osin34
that def sounds like a good plan.. A8 brakes and springs/shocks are on the to do list for me too.. outside of that, its some little cosmetic stuff like the moldings and some maintenance like control arms..
I just found another thread showing that those door moldings are held on by little hooks, and when you remove them, you're left with dime size holes in the door. There goes that mod for me. Here I was hoping for 3M double sided tap.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:16 PM
2nd Gear

haha yea, some people who wanna get rid of them obviously just take them out fill sand and paint.. but i dont mind the looks of them as long as they arent torn.. haha and mine werent til i washed my car one day last fall and my little washer mit grabbed ahold of a piece and i pulled and ripped it right off lol.. i was pissed..

Old 05-11-2010, 12:59 AM

Mine is broken in exactly the same spot, looks identical.. weird. This winter I had a large ice build up around the bottom of the car and when I kicked it off some of the trim came off to. M*therF*cker!

Have you ever been dyno'd? I have pretty much an identical wish list of upgrades and was jw what I could look forward to.

Quick Reply: It's the Timeline..