B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Jiggleo's dry carbon trim in my car

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Administrator
Default Jiggleo's dry carbon trim in my car

So I decided that, although I liked the piano black trim on my center console, it was time for a change. I figured I'd go with Jiggleo's dry carbon fiber trim, since I'd seen how it looked in his car and really liked it. I've never done any CF trim in my cars in the past, but it looked to be a nice change of pace.

Gotta tell you, I really like the look of it. Install quality, regularity of the weave (see the ashtray panel - two separate pieces and he took the care to align the weave perfectly, with no mismatch of the linearity of the weave lines), and the "tech" look, for lack of a better term.

I am very happy with it. I know another member on here (I won't name him and steal his thunder) who should have his parts back in the next day or two latest, and will also really be pleased with it. He's promised to post pics as well.

I've seen the trim look on Jiggleo's interior (center dash and tunnel, beltline trim, external B-pillars, and pictures of the door mirror bases as well, and they all look awesome. I encourage you to contact him for work on your own car as well. Yeah, this may seem like a shameless plug, and to some extent it is, but his work stands on its own merit - I am simply trying to help get the word out on a quality product and excellent workmanship that is available for our cars.

Looking forward to getting some more work done in my car, including those mirror bases - I think that with my chrome S4 mirrors the look will be really good.

Anyhow, a few pics. Sorry about the crappy cell phone quality - I'll get some higher-resolution pics at some point if they're needed.

And here are a few pics of his car that I took while he was working on my dash trim:

external B-pillars:

facelift center dash/console trim:

beltline trim:

Old 01-17-2010, 11:43 PM

What kind of dog do you have?

Old 01-18-2010, 01:13 AM
Administrator

Not sure I follow you...?

Old 01-18-2010, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Not sure I follow you...?
The blanket on the rear seat...usually the first thing a dog owner will do to protect the leather from doggy paws and claws.

I have an eye for details most people miss.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Gordon Freeman Jr
The blanket on the rear seat...usually the first thing a dog owner will do to protect the leather from doggy paws and claws.

I have an eye for details most people miss.
maybe he just likes to snuggle with Mrs in the back, and leather is quite cold if you know what I mean

p.s. I like the work, Devil, will you do your dashboard also in carbon?

Old 01-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Administrator

i think doing the whole dash would be overkill. trim looks great though! so now Devil is a wheel ***** AND a CF ***** LOL

Old 01-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Lol don't forget suede ***** The carbon will be an accent, not a main theme. I have several other parts in mind for the CF trim but I'm keeping my suede as well. And I agree, it does look really good. As for the blanket on the back seat, that's Jiggleo's car (caption above the last few pics - "some shots of his car"). I don't even fit in the back of my car without moving the seats all the way up. The back of a B5 wasn't intended for 6'4" 245-lb occupants

Old 01-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Administrator

forgot about the suede lol. i don't plan on doing my trim this year but when i do, i'm torn between silver and CF. I think the silver would look cool and kinda tie the inside and outside of the car together, but the more pictures i see of the dry carbon the more i like it

Old 01-18-2010, 11:07 AM
3rd Gear

Devil that trim looks ****.....I'm still half-way done with the suede trim and now I'm up in the air. I guess I'll finish the suede and then if I change my mind,at least I know how everything comes apart.

I especially like the CF outer B-pillar cover.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Yeah I like it a lot too. I'm keeping my suede and finishing the pillars and headliner in it. I'll add more of the CF for further accenting inside for sure. CCA4, as for the silver, buzz Jiggleo - he was talking about silver CF as well.

Quick Reply: Jiggleo's dry carbon trim in my car