B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Just Got my ECU Back from SpeedTuning

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 05:24 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by onepoint8tee
Dude that is 76mb! Might want to try compressing it/use photobucket or youtube to host.
I said you should do a 0-60 video, not drive around gear hunting and blowing off boost the whole time! lol Might want to try using tip mode to hold a gear so there isn't so much up/down shifting. We would be able to get a better idea of the powar if you stayed in the 2k-4.5k range holding 3rd gear.
if you just open the url in windows media player no need to d.l it, and i took the video when i woke up at 10 this morning, so i just got up and drove around. i borrowed my moms camera, if i can get my hands on it again or set up my laptop some how then ill take another short video.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Site Moderator

Ok, but I'm serious about swapping the airbox back in, your lag time up to 2.5k is hiddeous! It should make a very noticeable difference for you since you have auto. Trust me I've been there and done it twice. It makes a difference.

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 09-30-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:33 PM
4th Gear

Ok, but I'm serious about swapping the airbox back in, your lag time up to 2.5k is hiddeous! It should make a very noticeable difference for you since you have auto. Trust me I've been there and done it twice. It makes a difference.
you never said anything about my airbox

Old 09-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Site Moderator

I edited the post.....

Old 09-30-2008, 05:37 PM
4th Gear

I edited the post.....
oh, i see now, and how would swapping in my original airbox help me? the snorkel is cracked, if i did it i would need to get a new one

Last edited by Jc61990; 09-30-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Site Moderator

Which part of the snorkel? If it's not in pieces, just rig it. Even if you didn't use the snorkel, it would be fine. It's the volume/dimmensions of the stock airbox that make the difference. Of course you want the outside air as opposed to the under the hood air, just get a new snorkel or whatever whenever. I mean you don't HAVE to do this, I'm just saying to try it because I know you will see what I'm saying about the low end tq and pickup. I have gone back and fourth twice with an intake and airbox and there is certainly a difference. Having an automatic makes it even worse since you are always starting from 800 rpm's. Sure throtle response is better with an intake, but that doesnt mean ****. You can feel the engine responding to your foot quicker, but after that, it's slow going until you reach boost around 2.5k compared to when using the stock air box.

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 09-30-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:59 PM
4th Gear

Which part of the snorkel? If it's not in pieces, just rig it. Even if you didn't use the snorkel, it would be fine. It's the volume/dimmensions of the stock airbox that make the difference. Of course you want the outside air as opposed to the under the hood air, just get a new snorkel or whatever whenever. I mean you don't HAVE to do this, I'm just saying to try it because I know you will see what I'm saying about the low end tq and pickup. I have gone back and fourth twice with an intake and airbox and there is certainly a difference. Having an automatic makes it even worse since you are always starting from 800 rpm's. Sure throtle response is better with an intake, but that doesnt mean ****. You can feel the engine responding to your foot quicker, but after that, it's slow going until you reach boost around 2.5k compared to when using the stock air box.
the plastic hose that connects to the airbox is cracked and the part that screws onto the bumper is cracked to, ....

what if i put my intake in my airbox.. without the top on?

Old 09-30-2008, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jc61990
the plastic hose that connects to the airbox is cracked and the part that screws onto the bumper is cracked to, ....

I have seen that done before... I'm guessing that would get you some better air volume and cooler air

Old 09-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by Jc61990

That would make no difference. Part of the advantage to the airbox is the "horn" that is used on the MAF inside the airbox. It's designed for optimal airflow through the maf. You lose that part when using a cone intake. So you can either try using the airbox like i suggest, or just forget about it.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:17 PM
2nd Gear

i have heard the same thing, but having a manual i dont really know

but regarless its your car lol so do what you want with it

"to each his own"

Quick Reply: Just Got my ECU Back from SpeedTuning