B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

k04 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:11 PM
1st Gear
Default k04 upgrade

my 98 audi a4 1.8tqa hasnt been running for 5 months now cuz i the oil light was on and i was told not to drive it. so i did alot of research and did everything and it all came up negitive. so i looked for the oil plug so i put my gauge up to it and it was unplugged. now nothing on my dash comes on. and it never hit 1 psi ever. so i took the turbo off and found the penny missing off the wastegate acuator, and was told there is no fix and get a new one soo. k04 all the way... yes i have an auto but it not my daily driver im gonna drive it here and there plus once the tranny goes im putting the 6 speed tranny in it... ok im gonna stir all us up cuz once i mention this to anyone they tell me get an s4. but im all about learning and im italian so im hard headed and i do wat i want lol i love the s4s but im wasting money i guess but... so far i have, ebay hybrid dv, mookkee boost gauge(dont like the one tht came with the car),32" oil feed line, FMIC 28x7x2.5 2.5-2.25 pipes, k04-15 turbo.... ecstuning n75 race vavle,315cc injectors.... from factory exhaust manifold gasket, new braided vacuum lines... from awetung giac pc-16 software... im just waiting for the parts to be shipped.... i also wanted to say a huge thank us for the info u give other ppl and DIYs cuz eversince i got my 96 and my 98 audi a4s ive saved hundreds among hundreds of dollars i really apreciate it thank u, ill post wen i get my parts and start working on my car, im very detailed so theyll be alot of pics wen i do it all. heres some pics of wats done so far sorry so long

Attached Thumbnails k04 upgrade-img_0653.jpg   k04 upgrade-100_3282.jpg   k04 upgrade-100_3291.jpg   k04 upgrade-100_3286.jpg  
Old 08-06-2011, 12:35 PM
1st Gear

Nice ! Keep us updated for sure !

Old 08-08-2011, 04:02 AM
1st Gear
Default k04 upgrade

i have been researching like 2 days now and i cant find a fpr diy.... im gonna buy the ecstuning fpr with the gauge... if someone could tell me how to do it (pics would be good) and were does the gauge go? i would gladly apreciate it, thanks in advanced.... update... i got my boost gauge workin and it looks freakin awesome i just cant wait to see it hit 20psi heres the pics

Attached Thumbnails k04 upgrade-img_1176.jpg   k04 upgrade-img_1253.jpg   k04 upgrade-img_1254.jpg  
Old 08-24-2011, 09:48 PM
1st Gear
Default k04 good bad tranny harness:(

UPDATE... ok i put everything on and took my time and it was fairly simple setup plug n play sorta... Well word of advice, wen i took my k03 off there was a brackit under the turbo tht was difficult to get the turbo out or to get the new one in so i took it out and the install was piece of cake. now i bought the hybrid dv and have it full atmosphere and its really loud and no cel. i also got the race n75 vavle. now with stock infectors,ecu im pushin 12 psi. in a few weeks im getting the ecu, injectors. but i cant say if its faster, cuz im still in limp mode and i only now found out tht i need a HOLE new transmission wiring harness. there is nothing but curoition everywere aroung the tcm connector (inside). stealership 1500.... or a place in ny tht is all indoors auto parts for 400 im thinking ill do tht so ill repost in a few weeks to tell more. and the front bumper is the longest time consuming so far,intercooler wasnt too bad. i got my intercooler off of ebay(cxracing) it was 165 shipped it came with the core and the 2.25 piping. but here is a few pics and the list of thing i got...

Hybrid dv
k04 turbo
race n75 valve
28x7x2.5 with 2.25 piping
afpr n gauge
mookkee boost gauge
i got the rest from advanced and lowes

Old 08-25-2011, 09:59 PM
1st Gear

I have a 97 A4 Quattro, the oil light came on and I parked it. Seems that the oil pick up tube on the oil pump was clogged. 227,300 miles. I changed the oil pump and solved the problem with the oil light. All the new oil pressure blew out the turbo seals completely in the old ko3. Installed a k04 and a tranny flush and filter, runs like a new car. It was chipped when I bought it, don't know the parameters set, but runs like a bat out of hell now! Now I need a boost gauge.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:26 PM
1st Gear
Default i need help please

ok i bought the new harness it took my 11ish hours to put it and now wen i started it up it was awesome now the P was lit up not all of them and i let it run for about ten minutes it was great BUT i didnt drive it yet.... i turned off my car to go get my driver seat for my first test drive, n wen i started it up it hesitated and sounded like it was misfiring then it stalled then ever since tht start up it hasnt started since and i didnt touch a thing except putting the seat it. It sounds like there is no gas but i do cuz i have a afpr gauge and i thought it wasnt getting enought gas so i adjusted it and it moves so theres gas going thru it and i smell gas. Im just so frustrated cuz it wants to start but like it needs spark or something.... if anyone can help me plz dont hessitate i could use ne info thanks in advance

Old 11-18-2011, 12:06 AM
1st Gear
Default pics of the project done

Old 11-18-2011, 12:08 AM
1st Gear
Default i have the pics in my album enjoy

srry about the above post trying to do a url link n didnt work my computer is slow

Old 11-18-2011, 12:43 AM
2nd Gear

ill trade you my ko3 for your ko4, i have a manual.
seems only right =P

Old 12-04-2011, 11:07 PM
1st Gear
Default VC/TB/IM painted n a broken piece...

another update.... Still not running but im getting a vagcom next week so i can do a TBA(throttle body alignment) which is one of two codes tht came up on the ob2 scanner and hopefully itll start up. So since theres nothing else to do till then, i decided to dress up my engine. I cleaned and painted all the parts real good with brake cleaner and dawn soap. So this morning i was getting ready to install the IMG(intake manifold gasket) and noticed a plastic piece seperated and broken. I put the part number in google and found out its a breather tube. Im thinking tht is why it shut off and wont start, so now tomorrow morning im ordering it from the dealer.Once i get it and install everything ill post to let everyone know the conclusion of the k04 upgrade. I also turned my intercooler upside down which i like it alot more than how it was. I relocated the trans cooler to infront of the radiator. The only other thing i wanna do is cut the intake pipe so itll stick furthur up in the engine bay, right now it sits way too low to the ground. Here are the pictures of what ive done....

Attached Thumbnails k04 upgrade-img_1751.jpg   k04 upgrade-img_1756.jpg   k04 upgrade-img_1761.jpg   k04 upgrade-img_1766.jpg   k04 upgrade-img_1796.jpg  

Quick Reply: k04 upgrade