B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

laptop/computer in car

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:18 PM
2nd Gear

why do i want to because i can use vagcom in car and i all ready have all the pieces i need and i wanna be able to play music off a hard drive and im working on a internet connection beside getting something from Verizon
im am gonna be using a net book dual core and a wired dvd player and the screen from the netbook or i might use a touch screen soo yeah and why wouldnt i want to put a computer in my car

Old 02-09-2010, 07:18 PM
2nd Gear

double post sorry

Old 02-09-2010, 07:49 PM
2nd Gear

these are some of the ideas but what i think im gonna do is take the screen and put it in the glove box because the screen is pretty big and make it flip out so i can use it when ever i need it and have it fold right back in when im done
i trying to do everything really clean and maybe ill do something in the dash later down the road

Old 02-10-2010, 12:36 AM
1st Gear

hhhmmm.... its a nice idea..post some pics and diy, cant wait to see it...

Old 02-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Looking forward to this. If it were my car I'd put the guts in the trunk, positioned do I could reach them through the pass-through. I'd use my fold-out TV as the monitor (it'd be small I know), and I'd flushmounted a set of USB connectors in the center tunnel. That way a normal keyboard could just be pulled out from under the seat and plugged in (ditto for a mouse). VagCom would be set up of course and the cable would be left connected to the OBDII port for ease of use.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:35 AM
2nd Gear

idk why you would ever need more than like an 8" screen that you can zoom in on... think about the ipad / iphone... iphone you can surf the web with decently well and thats a 3.5" screen... think about like a 7" touchscreen in dash NAV. i bet you could figure out a way to find a 7" or so touchscreen that you can replace your double din with pretty easily...

i just think that the ones in the pictures are a little overpowering for a car IMO... and if you have to get out and sit in the passenger seat just to use it?!?! (if you are going to put it in the glove box like you said in the post up above) just think this through with when yo uare goign to want to use it and how you will be able to use it while driving or atleast in the drivers seat... just food for thought!

good luck though this could be really sweet

Old 02-10-2010, 11:13 PM
2nd Gear

yeah i wanna put it in the dash and get a 7-8 inch screen and put the internals under the seats but i all ready have all this stuff i will probably look in the selling a lot of it and then buy the touch screen then go from there

Old 03-22-2011, 02:42 PM
1st Gear

The method to use your laptop inside the car stand which occupies the Middle console Cup holder of the vehicle. These devices usually have four-wheel drive lever mechanism that will call for expanding the Cup and at the same time it securely and allows the owner to remove the laptop notebook quickly if necessary.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:58 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by mainterpet
The method to use your laptop inside the car stand which occupies the Middle console Cup holder of the vehicle. These devices usually have four-wheel drive lever mechanism that will call for expanding the Cup and at the same time it securely and allows the owner to remove the laptop notebook quickly if necessary.
this.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Administrator

the spammers are getting sneaky...

why else would you need a computer in a car?

Quick Reply: laptop/computer in car