B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

lets finish this once and for all!!! 96 audi 2.8 12v performace parts? chips?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by airguard350
Go buy an S4.
<3

Please do the build and keep us posted. Everyone with a 12V always talks about building one and making it go fast but there was never a follow up at the end.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Please do some research if you're looking at a Motodyne blower. All the feedback I ever read was that their tune was incomplete and overall experience was ****. Add your intake and exhaust, enjoy some extra midrange torque, and be prepared to spend money beyond that. The 12v heads just don't flow much air so you're going to be pretty inefficient even with a custom FI system.

Not saying you won't make gains, but even a 30v is far superior for modding. Many before you can attest to this. Some cars just aren't mod-friendly. There's a reason why the consensus is to engine-swap it or sell it for a boosted A4.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:02 AM
3rd Gear

+

=

yep

Old 11-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Lol maybe if you spray the whole 20lbs in one pass and god is watching over your rods...

Old 11-03-2011, 08:54 AM
1st Gear

I DID MY RESEARCH AND YOU HAVE TO BUY MORE THAN JUST THE SUPERCHARGER KIT. I PERSONALLY spoke with the owner of motodyne and also visited his store in NJ. i hope this works out cause i am getting the kit for very cheap along with other performance parts headers, flywheel, pulley kit, bigger m.a.f, etc. after my build i hope to see around 400 whp with 20 psi from the supercharger. imthedevil if you have had your hands on one of these superchargers or personally know someone who has installed one i would love info from that person.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Administrator

I haven't had one - pretty much all the talk of Motodyne blowers died out years ago due to the results people had. The info is searchable in the archives. hope you're budgeting for pistons, rods, cams, clutch/flywheel, upgraded fuel pump, big injectors, head porting, etc if you're going to try for any numbers even near what you propose. Then of course there's the dyno time with a standalone setup, UEGO wideband sensors, and a tech running and drawing up the maps to tune your car (at probably $120-150/hr).

Not being a hater here, just laying out what kind of work and money it's gonna take. If you think for a second you can throw 20psi at the stock internals without mulching them, then it's your car and have fun blowing it up.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:40 AM
1st Gear

oh i know i have to build the internals. this is not my first rodeo i have a 95 gsx eclipse with at gt12 and all kinds of internal work done 510 at the crank car was sick but yes many man hours tuning the dsm link on the dyno plus alot of $. so i am fully prepared to spend the cash. thank god i have a good job. lol but anyway i appriciate the info but i am not retarded and i know you can just run 20 psi with no mods.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:24 PM
2nd Gear

If you're spending so much money you should consider just swapping in a a 4.2L V8. It's essentially a bolt-in swap with the right parts and you'll have either 300 or 320 hp based on which motor you choose (32V or 40V). There's 2 threads on audizine with all the info you'll need. The 12V is a dog, there's absolutely no reason to throw so much money at it, it just doesn't make sense. I get that it's a unique build, but there's a good reason nobody else does it.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Legal Moderator

This thread makes me giggle! Talk is alot cheaper than doing this. It would be idiotic to do this. If you actually have the money go buy a b6 s4. Better motor, exterior, interior, overall condition, less miles, more upgrade parts, etc. etc. I will not believe a word of this till I see it. And if by some miracle I do see it id still think its stupid. There's no point!

Old 11-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Administrator

At this point in time, with the history of modding a 12v as abysmal as it is, solving this "once and for all" (again) is essentially answering a question that no one asks.

Quick Reply: lets finish this once and for all!!! 96 audi 2.8 12v performace parts? chips?