B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

lets see if someone can help me

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 02:52 AM
1st Gear
Default lets see if someone can help me

ok i tried this on vwvortex with no luck they flamed me because i asked a couple questions i dont know about,

ok i just joined here, lets see if the fourm can help me

just got a 98 audi a4 1.8t aeb engine code non quattro and clutch started slipping oem 134k

now it has a chip from aro a arp exhaust test pipe and carbonio air intake will a stock clutch handel the power,

alot of people on vortex were a**h*les and told me to read up and deleted my post, i cannot find a straight answer and if it will work, i need a cheaper way to get a clutch then 500 for the stg 1 and 2 ppl are telling me to go with, and the 1800 dealers and repair shops are trying to get

sorry for my spelling im on my blackberry and do not have spell check

if you could help me that would be awsome cuz i just dropped the tranny to do it my self but dont know what kit or what clutch also it has a single mass flywheel? if this makes sence seams like it was changed over befor

thanks a alot
mark

Old 12-10-2010, 05:50 AM
1st Gear

youre gonna need a little more before a stock clutch wont hold up. id still get an aftermarket with a lightweight flywheel. more power to the ground

Old 12-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Unfortunately, Audi clutches aren't cheap. Hit up Mike Hood at www.ringerracing.com - he's been a great go-to guy for a lot of members on this forum and can advise you exactly on what to get based on your goals for power on the car.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Slut

****** spam bitch. It's like they are worse during this game lol.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Administrator

lmao i love how he ever-so-graciously transitioned from Audi clutches to real estate. Whadda homo!

OP, sorry to hear about your experience on the Vortex, those guys can be ruthless sometimes. We here at AF are a more caring bunch . I assume your chip is APR stage I? Any idea what kind of power you're putting down with the supporting mods? Just a W.A.G., me thinks you're gonna want somewhere in the stage III range for clutches. I agree with Devil, shoot Mike Hood a PM and see what he can do for you. As for installation, any shop is going to charge an arm and a leg for it. Any chance you'd consider DIY?

Old 12-10-2010, 01:14 PM
4th Gear

www.ringer-racing.com (if you didn't figure it out already) for Mike Hood. (Just checked, I guess you can type it either way, it goes to the same site... sorry for showing my ***)

I have an APR tune with TP and exhaust and my stock clutch holds up fine... Stock is duel mass though, but like ImTheDevil said, Mike would be able to help you get exactly what you need without ripping you off too bad

Last edited by bradtyler02; 12-10-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:47 PM
4th Gear

Since you are FWD and looking to go OEM you might as well step up a little to a Stage 1 kit which also uses an organic disk.

Two good options is Clutch Masters and South Bend for the A4 1.8t. If your budget is low you can just go with resurfacing the stock flywheel which can be done at a very low cost when ordering a CM or SB clutch kit from my web site which has been posted a few times already in this thread.

If you go with a CM product I do offer 5% off my already discounted prices on my web site to all AF members. Just have to use the coupon CM-FORUM-DISCOUNT at check out.

The 240mm FX100 with 19 lbs steel flywheel is perfect for what you have or even if you had a quattro with the chipped K03. It is rated for 425 ft lbs, so it would even hold if you were to upgrade to a bigger turbo. Out of your price range though since it would cost you around $1017.

Your best option if you need to stay under $500 would be to go with a CM 228mm FX100 and resurface your flywheel(oem or lwfw). This will cost you $451.75 with the 5% discount and that includes shipping the clutch kit and your stock flywheel back to you anywhere in the USA.

Do you have pictures of the clutch/flywheel kit that is already on the car?

Last edited by Mike-2ptzero; 12-10-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:46 PM
1st Gear

i promise you im not spam, and realestate no my questions on my car i live in rhode island my phone numbers 4014813750 call and find out if im spam thats ezactly what vwvortex did and deleted me,,

but everyone was a great help ima contact mike, and see

*CCA4* thank you and at this proce i will consider DIY i have a mk4 jetta vr6t that just blew a injector so now im trying to fix that to ima put up pics for clicks once i figure how to load them, the car also has samco hoses and a k04?? the guy said the k03 **** the bed,,i dont know how true it is havent checked on it and not sure on power clutch just started slipping on me hahah

*colony777**IMTHEDEVIL**bradtyler02* thanks for mikes contact ima hit him up asap, and the info ona stock clutch maybe just cuz mine has 130k it just its time so ima prob need a flywheel and sh** ugggggggg

*Mike-2ptzero's* im assuming you mike the audi guru hahah thanks for all your info now that i decided to do a DIY the FWD is a lil easier and my uncle said prob 12 hrs ill have it done that frees my spending limit up to get a clutch . a new flywheel sounds awsome cuz the car is at 130k and the guy did a k04 i will confirm tomorrow if its acual k04 or if he was bsing me no pics of clutch weird tho i go to start the car u can hear the starter zip at like 12k rpm but the motors nnot spinning my uncle told me the teeth ring on the flywheel is that common? well what can i get for around ima do my max spending 800 bucks is all i got in my acount till pay so what will you recomend and may i purches it threw you with my credit card?

Old 12-10-2010, 08:08 PM
1st Gear

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Old 12-10-2010, 08:09 PM
1st Gear

whoa how do i reside them hahah

Quick Reply: lets see if someone can help me