B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

A little update.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:28 AM
3rd Gear
Default A little update.

It may almost be time to make a mini timeline . Anyway, as some of you may know I was in an accident in November that messed up my bumper. Well I FINALLY took it to a body shop to get her fixed. Took her in monday and got her back yesterday. Now I know this thread is useless without pics but I just got a new BlackBerry finally and I don't have the right USB cord to connect it to my computer right now.

But.

Let me just tell you guys...

SHE LOOKS BETTER THAN BRAND NEW. I got 875 dollars from the other kids insurance to pay for the bumper. The guy who owns the shop is my friends step dads brother so when she brought me to the place and explained the situation to him he told me he'd help me out. I told him I had 875 to pay for it and he said he'd take a look to see if there was anymore hidden damage. I asked him to repair my rear bumper too which had been busted since I bought the car, more so than I actually knew at the time.

FAST FORWARD TO YESTERDAY.

I called the body shop after work because they had called me at 9 AM. They told me my car was ready and it would be 800 even. I was pretty pumped about that because I made 75 bucks off of the check and got both bumpers repaired. When I got to the shop my jaw DROPPED. My car has never ever ever looked this good, they washed her all nice and the bumpers came out amazing. I went to pay the guy and he says to me, "By the way you had a nasty scratch on your fender so I fixed that up for you too."

Dude. Really?

AWESOME.

So, if you're still reading, let me just say. New front bumper, repaired rear bumper and a fender scratch repair for 800 dollars cash, to me, is an amazing deal.

TL;DR - Car looks brand new after spending 800 bucks on a new front bumper, repaired rear bumper and a fender scratch fix.

PICS WILL COME EVENTUALLY.

Edit: PICS PICS PICS. They're from my new BlackBerry but have been compressed and junk due to me having to send them to my girlfriend who then sent them to my email. Hahaha. Anyway the first couple are the before pics obviously.

BEFORE:

Name:  BUMPERSCRATCH-1.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  21.5 KB

Name:  WHATTHEFUCK.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  65.2 KB

Name:  WHATTHEFUCK2.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  filthyaudi4.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  81.9 KB

Name:  CAUTION.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  78.6 KB

I don't really have any good pictures of the shitty rear bumper unfortunately. That's the biggest improvement I think since he repaired it and didn't replace it. It had one nasty gash that the previous owner attempted to fill in and a bunch of nicks on it too. Also must have been hit by someone before I bought it because behind the rear right wheel were a bunch of scratches and the whole bumper was pushed in and flattened and nasty.

AFTER:

Name:  Fixed.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  75.7 KB

Name:  Fixed7.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  60.0 KB

Name:  Fixed8.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  60.5 KB

Name:  Fixed6.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  65.5 KB

Name:  Fixed3.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  50.3 KB

Name:  Fixed5.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  50.5 KB

Some are from today, some are from yesterday. I love the lighting in the first few from the AFTER batch.

And coming soon...

Name:  taillight.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  33.3 KB

I just need the bulb holder. I went to install them today and forgot I needed a new bulb holder for the updated style . Anybody know where I can acquire one? I looked on ECS and haven't found anything yet.

Last edited by NickBroderick; 02-06-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:35 AM
4th Gear

You mean you have a BlackBerry, and you can't EMAIL the pics to yourself? What's the point in having a BB in the first place if you can't email yourself some pics...

Anyway, awesome deal, bro... where can I get mine done?

Old 02-06-2010, 10:04 AM
3rd Gear

Hahaha, yes I have a BB without the data plan. Crazy, I know.

Well if you live anywhere near Norwood in Massachusetts... go to D & D Auto Body.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:15 AM
4th Gear

I don't live anywhere near Mass anymore. I grew up in New England though, so I'll be up that way every now and again!

The wife and I both had BBs with unlimited data a while back, but the extra 60 bucks was killing us. You can still email the pics for a very small data charge though, just so you know...

Now my BB serves as an alarm clock in Iraq, and when I get back, it'll be time for an upgrade.... the Droid looks pretty sick...

Old 02-06-2010, 11:56 AM
3rd Gear

For a small charge huh? I may just do that. Yeah I can't warrant the extra 25 bucks a month it would be for me. I just love the layout of the phone and the full qwerty keyboard. I only texts really so it's great, and yes, the droid does look nice.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:34 PM
3rd Gear

lower it!

Old 02-06-2010, 02:47 PM
3rd Gear

I'm working on it! She's in winter mode right now, which just means stock height. I have the money for coils now but I want to save up more. I'm not in any rush, probably have about 2 more months until I need new wheels/tires. So I'll need them by the end of March. Any ideas what brands I should go with?

Old 02-06-2010, 03:02 PM
3rd Gear

depends how much money you want to spend I guess. I might try to sell my vmaxx coilovers for maybe like $400 + shipping..

Old 02-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Sounds great - looking forward to the pics. Sounds like you'll be set for a sig pic when you get your wheels and drop. As for wheels, it's too hard to say without a price point go go with. HRE or Fikse are never a bad choice lol but you PAY, massively, evenfor used ones.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:08 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Sounds great - looking forward to the pics. Sounds like you'll be set for a sig pic when you get your wheels and drop. As for wheels, it's too hard to say without a price point go go with. HRE or Fikse are never a bad choice lol but you PAY, massively, evenfor used ones.
I already know what wheels I'm getting, I just don't know what coils. I don't want to go cheap either but I don't want to spend more than 1500 on them. This year I'm buying cheap wheels though.

Quick Reply: A little update.