B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

MBC installed.. Some WEIRD problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 07:52 PM
1st Gear

did that.. cleared the codes, let the car batterr unplugged for a while.. still goes crazy like its having a seizure. lol

EDIT* the car cold, will work 100% normal. when it gets warmed up , thats when it goes crazy

Last edited by Lotus49b; 08-24-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:39 PM
4th Gear

Did you make sure to do a throttle adapt when you first turn the key on after hooking up the battery?

Old 08-25-2009, 11:43 AM
3rd Gear

Did anyone ask if he has any fueling or tuning to prevent leaning out with his MBC?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:50 PM
1st Gear

went from bad to worse.. .. runs perfect when its cold.. no problems what so ever.. then as it gets warmer, it gets worse.. after a while it misfires when the turbo spools. but only when it runs 10psi.. a few min later, it misfires around 5on the boost gauge. then progressivly to -5 .Then a few min later it starts to misfire at idle and dies.... only thing i can do to keep it from dying is turn off the a/c and put it in netrual. but it only helps for a few min.. any idea's? i unplug the battery and the cycle starts all over again. I took the plugs out, there was some water in the shaft of the plug holes, kind of alot, the plug was almost completly submerged. i cleaned it out, dried it off, checked the plugs.. they wernt white or black,,

I unplugged the battery for about 20 min. now i have it plugged in with the key on.. maybe that will change?

Last edited by Lotus49b; 08-25-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:57 PM
1st Gear

ok now some weird **** again.. Could barely make it out of the driveway it was missing so bad.. i went down the street and it started popping and snapping.. then the CEL came on. and it just stopped.. not the engine, but the missing.. So i reved it, it started to misfire again, then cleared up the more i drove it.. I went down the road and floored it.. it all went away.

Now the boost pressure vary's widly!! i took a video of the gauge..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtfaAzlI9yI

that is all Wide open throttle, no power what so ever.. after the video i did it agian. and i have pull power, then again... no power, .. look at the gauge and u can see its all over the place.. now as rapidly as before..

now it wont boost past 3psi. wtf!!!!!!1 i hate this ****..

Old 08-25-2009, 04:33 PM
3rd Gear

you drove on it so much im sure you melted your CAT by now. in that video your CEL is flashing, meaning you are misfiring- running on 2 or 3 cylinders, why are you trying to go WOT/boost during this?

Originally Posted by Mike-2ptzero
You are going to blow your **** up.
this is absolutely correct. you are quickly going to ruin your car by doing what your doing, if you havnt already. you clearly have no idea how any of this works so stop experimenting and do some reading before you do serious damage.

you most likely will need to replace your CAT before your car is going to run right again. not only does misfiring dump unburned fuel into it causing it to burn and melt, but cranking up the boost on stock software leans out the engine further increasing exhaust gas temps. higher temps and unburned fuel also destroy O2 sensors. a melted cat kills your exhaust gas velocity. exhaust gas velocity is what drives the turbo. i cant even begin to tell you how much of an idiot you are.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:25 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Tweaked
Did anyone ask if he has any fueling or tuning to prevent leaning out with his MBC?
That is what the MAF is for, when more air goes in it tells the ecu to spray more fuel, this isn't a speed density car.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:00 PM
4th Gear

like i said on AIM.

you cant do a MBC on a stock car without a tune.

what you are experiencing is fuel cut. and you are going to blow car up, just like mentioned before.

get chipped, then think about raising the boost.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:10 PM
1st Gear

No, the CEL is not on in that video... the left flashing light is the security key.. i dunno what happened but it popped, caughed, garbled, and i pulled into the gas station, put gas in it.. and im driving home and it all went away now runs fine.. wtf?????????? no problems what so ever..

Last edited by Lotus49b; 08-25-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:13 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ghost6303
you drove on it so much im sure you melted your CAT by now. in that video your CEL is flashing, meaning you are misfiring- running on 2 or 3 cylinders, why are you trying to go WOT/boost during this?

this is absolutely correct. you are quickly going to ruin your car by doing what your doing, if you havnt already. you clearly have no idea how any of this works so stop experimenting and do some reading before you do serious damage.

you most likely will need to replace your CAT before your car is going to run right again. not only does misfiring dump unburned fuel into it causing it to burn and melt, but cranking up the boost on stock software leans out the engine further increasing exhaust gas temps. higher temps and unburned fuel also destroy O2 sensors. a melted cat kills your exhaust gas velocity. exhaust gas velocity is what drives the turbo. i cant even begin to tell you how much of an idiot you are.

well thanks for the advice... every car ive had was a v8.. never had a turbo before.. and i really dont know much about them.. im learning.. hopefull not the hard way.

im guessing maybe i had bad gas? i dunno everything works now i put new gas in it..... weird ****

Last edited by Lotus49b; 08-25-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Quick Reply: MBC installed.. Some WEIRD problems