B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

My Left Nut, and a Cop...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 10:11 AM
2nd Gear

argue the ticked man. In court ask for print out of the ticket. If cop does not show up and no print out case would be thrown out the window. Been there done that. Got pulled over on a highway going up the hill by my house. I was going about 63-65 and cop said 77 so he wrote me ticket 77 on 55 thats 22 motsl. I took it to court told the judge that i was speeding but only going about 63-65 and only bc i was trying to pass someone and that there is no way in hell i was going 77. I asked for a print out and when court was rescheduled cop never showed up and there was no print out. Judge just threw it out because my record was good otherwise. Good luck man

Old 02-17-2009, 10:58 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by audi-up
if you ask them when the last time they got their radar gun calibrated, they will ask you when was the last time you got your speedo calibrated. good luck.
exactly

Old 02-17-2009, 11:57 AM
1st Gear

Yeah i think im gonna go in for it, just need enough ammunitition to drop them. This cop was new, and i think i was the first person she got for speeding, so idk, i have a feeling that she would be there no matter what just to bust it. She was a real ***

Old 02-17-2009, 12:39 PM

I did the study of these "speed guns" for my science fair project. All the b.s. i found, here in Ohio, an interesting fact i found, was that when testing the exact guns they use in the field, they have clocked trees, going in excess of 15mph.

Fully calibrated, so i mean, it just depends in what kind of mood the cop is in nowadays. My sister got pulled over for doing 50 in a 35. she only got a warning because the cop said "when i was your age, one of my friends got his license taken away for speeding and i had to give him rides all the time, so i dont want to make that be a pain in the butt for your friends in family". And she sped over railroad tracks, and a highly trafficked area, so i mean, cops are bs.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:43 PM
1st Gear

yeah ive gotten 4 warnings before, so it was about time, but its still **** that it said 74 in a 55

Old 02-17-2009, 02:44 PM
1st Gear

In CT, I believe 20 over the posted speed limit gets your license taken away. I got a ticket for 85 in a 65 once.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:53 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by roll4ever
if your thinking about the accuracy of the gun you could challenge the ticket and ask when the gun was last calibrated and if it isnt recent they usually throw it out or you can get a lawyer and have them get it off your record
....I tried that one on a Stormtrooper here in Jersey, no dice. He even went as far as to give me a line of **** about how they are trained to estimate speeds from moving cars (i.e when they pass by you at speed). He gave me all the b.s. in the book and after he was done being my father he finally just gave me a warning.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:06 PM

Pulled over 6 times in 18 months? Jesus you sound like me the first couple years I had my license. I was 1 point away from losing my license + additional tickets in Ohio where points don't transfer within 3 years of driving. Also lost the option to insure my car for under $1000 a month for a year and had to take a paid off car from my parents and run PLPD until points cleared and I could insure my car again.

Moral of this story: Watch your **** or that Audi might be parked because you don't have a license or other reasons.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:10 PM

As for fighting the ticket it sounds to me like she was driving the opposite way when she clocked you and then whipped a 180 and came after you? Is that correct? There is going to be additional error in the radar because of her speed the other way and your speed.

Truthfully though is there any chance you were going the speed they claimed? Even if that is true might be worth it to spend the bucks on a lawyer and go after getting it dropped. After the first ticket when you get pulled over again they are less likely to give a warning since it shows in their system that you have a ticket on your record already.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:47 PM
1st Gear

if it was Hwy patrol i hear they dont have anything better to do and often show up in court, otherwise if its a city cop they dont always show and your ticket gets dropped right there. cant hurt to challenge it. if anything try to get it down from 75 to a lower number, in CA 20 MPH over makes a big difference in the penalty. you dont loose anything by showing up in court. either you still have to pay the ticket or they let it go

I swear that this year with all the financial problems going on that cops are writing more tickets. like their captains told em to write more tickets becuase its a source of revenue. CHP wasted his time to pull me over for tinted windows 6th of Jan. never been bothered by it before

Quick Reply: My Left Nut, and a Cop...