B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

NickBroderick's Timeline.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 06:57 PM
3rd Gear
Default NickBroderick's Timeline.

Edit: I'm bored enough to get this thing going from the beginning. So here we go!

April '09 I bought the car from a used car dealership for $3,950.

1996 2.8 Quattro Automatic.

Name:  audi12.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  90.7 KB

Car had minor damage, rear bumper had some sort of puncture that looked like it was filled in and painted over by the previous owner. Looked terrible. Front bumper had some bad scrapes on the driver's side.

First thing I did to the car was re paint the windshield sprayers, all grilles and the front and rear valences, they were badly faded and repainting them made the car look that much newer. Then I replaced all the stock speakers, one of which was blown I believe, got a 12" Alpine Type R subwoofer and a Pioneer deck. Nothing too fancy but music improved greatly.

I didn't have much money left at this point so I did little free/cheap mods. De badge and general cleaning/maintenance.

Needed to update the look and had trouble seeing at night so I bought some E codes and 5000K DDM HID's.

Name:  BUMPERSCRATCH-1.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  21.5 KB

Then I needed to match the rear with the front so I bought some white LED's for the license plate.

Name:  DACAH.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  20.9 KB

I got into my first accident.

Name:  WHATTHEFUCK2.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  CAUTION.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  78.6 KB

Luckily it wasn't my fault and I got a nice check from insurance to pay for the repairs. A girl I dated for a few months happened to have an uncle in the body shop business, so I went there and he gave me a killer deal. Repaired both front AND rear bumper (which had damage from previous owner as stated above) plus fixed a 5 inch deep scratch on my fender for $800 cash. I made $75 and got my car back looking better than when I bought it.

Name:  Fixed6.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  65.5 KB

Name:  Fixed4.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  48.6 KB

Started buying more stuff over the winter such as facelift euro tails, clear sidemarkers and a '97 three spoke steering wheel.

Stealth iPod in the glovebox with a handmade case by my Mother. Velcro is great.

Name:  AudiIpod6.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  61.8 KB

Then I covered my center console and rear deck in brown suede.

Name:  Beautiful.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  39.4 KB

Name:  Finished.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  33.5 KB

Aero Wiper kit.

Name:  IMG00158-20100319-1744.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  46.4 KB

After all that I finally bought coilovers. ST's. Bought some Merc wheels from Aledelic and stretched some tires over them.

Name:  Low009.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  96.0 KB

Never bought spacers for them for the final stance nor did I go low enough to pull off the low pro tires, even though I was 22.9" gtf., in the rear at least. So I took the wheels off and raised the coils up to a more driveable "track like" height. About 24 1/4" all around.

Edit 2: I forgot to add that I have the Panzer Skidplate. I love it.

I'm calling this a timeline so everything I do will be posted here instead of making you guys suffer looking at new threads every time I do something new.

A lot like Phil does.

Anyway I'm not making this in the normal timeline fashion because I'm too lazy to get all my pics together, so we'll start from the "end", or how the car sits now.

This is what I've been up to recently! *Warning car is filthy.*

Name:  SoEuro004.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  76.0 KB

Finally finished my steering wheel swap. Drove around without an airbag for two months . You can also see my A pillars have been removed along with the rubber strips around the headliner and my sunroof controls/reading lights etc.

Here are the A pillars almost done and one rubber strip suede wrapped, that's almost done too.

Name:  APillars001.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  58.2 KB

So Euro .

Name:  SoEuro018.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  92.4 KB

Ride height picture so Aledelic can tell me to lower it.

Name:  SoEuro003.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  80.8 KB

Riding on my winter tires in 90 degree weather makes me sad.

And that's about it. Still slowly working on the interior. All of these are mods to me but when I really think about it this is most peoples starting point haha.

Last edited by NickBroderick; 05-06-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:18 PM
3rd Gear

lower it! this makes me miss my car. I'm excited to see the interior all done

Old 05-02-2010, 07:24 PM
3rd Gear

Interior won't be completely done for awhile unfortunately. I'm so slow when it comes to doing stuff...

Plus half the **** I need to wrap isn't even out of the car yet .

THEN I still have to work on the doors. Woohoo!

Old 05-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Now just put a link in your sig so everytime you post someone can see it! I like these cuz then you can see the car start to finish!

Old 05-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
Now just put a link in your sig so everytime you post someone can see it! I like these cuz then you can see the car start to finish!
I don't think any of us will ever finish.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:19 PM
5th Gear

yea like krip said, i've yet to hear of anybody modding their car and say ok i'm done lol. continuous improvement is the way to go

Old 05-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry from Start to *Current* :P

Old 05-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Definitely keep updating this. I wanna make one of these threads but I'm not sure if I can find all the pics I've taken over time.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:54 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by chocalotstarfish
Sorry from Start to *Current* :P
Haha, there ya go!

I'll update this regularly. Maybe I'll actually work on the whole "timeline" aspect of it tonight since it's way too humid to paint or glue any interior pieces today .

Old 05-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Site Moderator/B5 Tech Guru

The wheel looks good Nick, makes me want to replace mine even more. Timelines are the way to go .

Quick Reply: NickBroderick's Timeline.