AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   B5 Models (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/)
-   -   Oil temp low? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b5-models-69/oil-temp-low-188145/)

aeeroN 10-16-2012 11:36 PM

yeah i'm going too, my car is going to the body shop on thursday.

getting a hood replaced, passenger fender replaced. Front bumper respray, passenger door blend and driver fender blend. Someone rear ended me. After the car is back I have to fix my coolant leak, oil change, rear wheel bearing and i think cct.

jonbonesjones 10-17-2012 09:15 AM

Aeeron, it sounds like you might want to flush your coolant system. The term is probably causing you hating issues but the center vent not blowing can be because of a gummed up heater core. Check the blend door first, that wont let the flap open for the center vents, but another reason no hot air is coming from the front is because the core might be clogged.

jas0n 10-17-2012 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pbcrazy (Post 1407894)
Ok so I drove 30 minutes (10 minutes at a time, 25 minute break in between) today and it got up to about 200 degrees. With stopping every 10 minutes I would say that is definite improvement

where did you buy the thermostat from to replace? i would like this info :)

i also found a gallon of peak antifreeze coolant in the spare tire area. is it bad to use peak coolant?

Pbcrazy 10-17-2012 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by jas0n (Post 1408139)
where did you buy the thermostat from to replace? i would like this info :)

i also found a gallon of peak antifreeze coolant in the spare tire area. is it bad to use peak coolant?

I got it at my local autozone, it's a fail safe. And if the peak says on it made for any model of any make then its fine to use ONLY after you COMPLETELY flush the coolant, that means filling it with water 2-3 times and running it before you can start using the peak. Otherwise you are gunna have a coolant sludge problem

jas0n 10-18-2012 01:44 PM

i really didnt do anything but add another quartz of oil to the car the other day. yesterday i finally had to drive somewhere about 20 minutes away. the weather was pretty nice, sunny yesterday. my oil pressure gauge went up to 175 like normally and then eventually crawled up to 199-200 after driving around for like an hour and 30 minutes.

is that a good reading for the oil pressure or should i be around the middle like 250?

redline380 10-18-2012 06:18 PM

um... that gauge is oil temeperature, not pressure. and yes, 200 degrees for oil temp is fine, maybe a tad low even. 200 psi of oil pressure would be way too much

jas0n 10-18-2012 08:37 PM

oh snap guys, sorry about the misunderstanding. so that means my car is fine then. i'm so happy lol

Pbcrazy 10-19-2012 09:48 PM

Ok so I popped off the cover and the chain seems tight as can be, when I had the car running the noise was louder towards the firewall, and it got worse when the car got warmed up. I even turned over the car with a bud watching the chain and its tight as can be. What could be wrong??

matafdo 02-08-2013 09:59 PM

Hey everyone, Im new to the forum. I had a problem occur with my 99 A4 1.8. It has 220K on the clock(its been good to me). Ive had the timing belt replaced with all the componets. The problem started after the oil change, the light oil nozzle came on. And the engine sound noisier than before. Ive ordered a oil pump to replace the one now. Is there another problem that can bring this on. Where can i find the CCT procedure. I probably going to replace that too. Good car.