B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Ok guys need your help

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 02:57 PM
2nd Gear
Default Ok guys need your help

Been looking for two years for this car. 2000-2001 S6 Avant. Of course quattro and Std. The V6 is preferred, but I'd settle for the V8 if the rest matches. I've tried all the car buying sites. I know someone not too long ago someone said they seen one but didn't threaten his dogs life to make him sell for me lol. Color and all the petty **** doesn't matter. Condition is not the biggest concern either. At this point I'd take one not running. Be a good reason for an engine build. I know this is the A4 section but that's what I have now so what the hell.

Last edited by jiggleo; 01-10-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:44 PM
4th Gear

u wont find a standard unless its the 2.7t.. and even those are rare

Old 01-09-2010, 05:54 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Mr. Phil
u wont find a standard unless its the 2.7t.. and even those are rare
precisely what I want and there was a few V8's in manual.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Administrator

There were? Awesome - I didn't know they offered it. Even if you can't find a V8-stick, the 2.8 manual trans can be made to work with it, using an S4 flywheel with a spacer or an RS4 clutch/flywheel setup, and a spacer ring to fill the gap between the bellhousing and block (it'd need an extra ear to mount the second starter bolt). You know I'm down for working on that kind of project

Old 01-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Administrator

After a quick search there are several A6 Avants around here, but none are MT. I'll keep an ear to the ground for ya though.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:25 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
There were? Awesome - I didn't know they offered it. Even if you can't find a V8-stick, the 2.8 manual trans can be made to work with it, using an S4 flywheel with a spacer or an RS4 clutch/flywheel setup, and a spacer ring to fill the gap between the bellhousing and block (it'd need an extra ear to mount the second starter bolt). You know I'm down for working on that kind of project
Originally Posted by CCA4
After a quick search there are several A6 Avants around here, but none are MT. I'll keep an ear to the ground for ya though.
Although it wasn't popular until 2002, yes. As stated I'd prefer the V6 though. Just looking for what I really want before I do too much with the A4.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:28 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
If I just wanted an A6 I'm sure I could have found one in the last 2 years. What I am looking for is an S6 Avant. Yes I know they are rare and pricey to boot.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:27 PM
5th Gear

allroads are the same thing with slightly different body panels. buy one, paint it all the same color and you got an S6 on your hands lol. i had autotrader search the whole US and didn't find any wagons with manual tranny. you crazy lol

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

Old 01-10-2010, 08:06 PM
2nd Gear

but allroads are common. I like being different lol. They are out there. It's just coming to that point where I need to decide if I'm going to be modding the A4 or getting what I really want before dropping a lot of money into it. I have found an 02 with the manual, but it's a V8. I think they all might be from that era.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by jiggleo
If I just wanted an A6 I'm sure I could have found one in the last 2 years. What I am looking for is an S6 Avant. Yes I know they are rare and pricey to boot.
Sorry bout the mix up, your original post says A6, not S6. I've seen a few around here but never one for sale. Again, I'll keep an eye out.

Quick Reply: Ok guys need your help