B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Opinion wanted! wtf rim works with pearl white paint?@#!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 12:37 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by never_enough
that's really nice ghost. if the white was matched to your color pearlescent, that would be killer. what side covers are you talking about? the door sills with the aluminum in them?
At the time i posted i couldn't find the words haha, i was referring to a4/s4 side moldings or side skirts.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:42 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kriptonik
In all honestly, any color wheels would look good on a white Audi. Even those gold wheels.

As for side skirts, some people don't bother getting those as they just paint the lower part of the car. If you want to get sideskirts, I would suggest the S4 as they would fit beautifully with the stock front and rear. However, if you plan on going with aftermarket front and rear, perhaps you should also go with aftermarket sideskits as aftermarket kit tend to go lower than the S4 skirts.

How about slam the car with Bentley wheels?
That Passat is so fly, I would get those if i could find them for under 2 grand haha. But about the side skirts, what I have are just black rounded and exposed rocker panels...I can't really see them looking good painted, but the front and rear lowers i can see looking amazing. The only option i could see is buying OEM a4 or s4 side skirts and painting them.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:57 AM
3rd Gear

Get suspension before new wheels. I'll be rockin the stock 5 spoke 16s and pretty low for a while and I like the look of it. Also, I personally would not paint the lowers. I think they look more clean and simple how they are. It's too pricey to have it perfectly matched anyway.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:05 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by aledelic42
Get suspension before new wheels. I'll be rockin the stock 5 spoke 16s and pretty low for a while and I like the look of it. Also, I personally would not paint the lowers. I think they look more clean and simple how they are. It's too pricey to have it perfectly matched anyway.
I actually plan on going lower and getting wheels at the same time. I do actually like my stock 5 spokes when I mange to keep them clean, but I want a different look, I get bored so fast....

Old 04-14-2009, 01:12 AM
3rd Gear

How much money are you planning on spending on wheels/tires/suspension?

There's a picture of my car with those wheels for reference. I'm on V-MAXX's.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:25 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by hiwords
bbs lm look rly good. check out themexican's and A4_Effort's car. go for a baller setup. i'd also paint the lowers too. also if you get sporty wheels, get an rs4 grille, if you get baller wheels, get an s4 grille
The_Mexican's a4 is pearl white and A4_Effort's a4 is some other white, i think its Casablanca not sure tho, Silver rims look so much better with that brighter white....ugh I wish I wasn't so picky....

Old 04-14-2009, 01:46 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by aledelic42
How much money are you planning on spending on wheels/tires/suspension?

There's a picture of my car with those wheels for reference. I'm on V-MAXX's.
Well, I was planning on going with a used s4 suspension which I could get for under 350 or the most expensive option get Blisten shocks with H&R springs which would be around 750. I already ruled out coilovers as being too expensive(I know its worth it haha)

As far as wheels around 500 to 800, But would fork out more if something really got a hold of me....

How do you like the Vmaxx? I see they go low as hell haha, how's the performance? Hows the side to side roll during cornering and the front to back pitch with launches? I honestly more concerned with handling than the low low look, contemplating s4 sways.......

Last edited by pearlescent; 04-14-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:59 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Mckayiva4
As for rims, I think a pearl white face with a deep polished lip would look fkn awesome.
Sounds extremely expensive haha

Old 04-14-2009, 02:07 AM
1st Gear

im looking at either gold wheels or a darker gray for my new wheels. iv always liked my gray wheels i have now, looks sexy.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:35 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by macpyro2
im looking at either gold wheels or a darker gray for my new wheels. iv always liked my gray wheels i have now, looks sexy.
This is funny because when I thought of rim colors, your picture album popped into my head, I was about to PM you about it haha. Do you have any more pics other than the album?

Quick Reply: Opinion wanted! wtf rim works with pearl white paint?@#!!