B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Pain in the a** lower radiator hose. Any tips getting it on completely?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 02:42 PM

Haha, sounds like I just need to hit up the gym. When I was changing the tie rod ends a while back one of them was practically glued on and wasn't budging. Luckily at the time the girl I was dating left for another guy, so I just took out my frustration on the tie rod end and it worked like a charm. Maybe I will have to find something to get mad about. Thanks for the input!

Old 03-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Guru

i didn't even lube mine....... i think it was the frustration that set in......... pull that ucker hard...... if that doesn't work take some speed or pcp or hell even some roids and get enraged

just keep at it....... it will go on, or go to a shop and throw the guy a 50 spot to do it

Old 07-10-2013, 09:11 PM
1st Gear
Default Could try some water-based lubricant, like astroglide

Could try some water-based lubricant, like astroglide or some wire lube such as Ideal Clear Glide.
IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. - ClearGlide™ Wire Pulling Lubricant

Probably wouldn't mess up the hoses too badly if they won't degrade latex condoms or PVC wire jackets.

But I would definitely use as a last resort in case it does degrade, then you have to do all that work over again just to replace a stupid hose.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mikkel Ridley
Could try some water-based lubricant, like astroglide or some wire lube such as Ideal Clear Glide.
IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC. - ClearGlide™ Wire Pulling Lubricant

Probably wouldn't mess up the hoses too badly if they won't degrade latex condoms or PVC wire jackets.

But I would definitely use as a last resort in case it does degrade, then you have to do all that work over again just to replace a stupid hose.
So for your very first post, you chose to bump a 4 year old thread to plug Astro Glide? I got my eye on you boy..

Old 07-11-2013, 12:13 PM
1st Gear

lol^^^

Old 07-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Site Moderator/B5 Tech Guru

Originally Posted by CCA4
So for your very first post, you chose to bump a 4 year old thread to plug Astro Glide? I got my eye on you boy..

Careful, he might try to offer you a demonstration and put some in your trunk.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:44 PM
1st Gear

I usually use rubber grease on all my rubber installs.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:42 PM
1st Gear

i was able to get my hose on but now the clip wont get on far enough

Old 11-22-2013, 12:05 AM
2nd Gear

the first one I ever did that I had a hell of a time getting off in the first place, but it was worse getting on , here's what I usually do NOW: Put a little vaseline on the seal inside the hose, clip closed, then push on until you here it click/snap on-mine go on like a dream now and don't leak. If you can't get the clip on, then it is not on correctly.

Getting it off, I usually soak it with lube too, something that isn't going to corrode the plastic.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:04 AM
Administrator

Stop it!

Quick Reply: Pain in the a** lower radiator hose. Any tips getting it on completely?