B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Parts Wish List For My A4

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 10:09 AM
1st Gear
Default Parts Wish List For My A4

Ok so I'm kind of bored and looking for feedback from you guys this is just a start and I am open to any suggestions, comments, constructive criticism.

First Stage:

ATP High Flow Manifold
034 Motorsports HFC
Techtronics Exhaust System (Borla Dual Tips)
Techtronics 2.5'' Downpipe (Tiptronic)
Carbino CAI (Mostly for looks)
Forge 007 DV
GIAC Tiptronic Tune
H&R Sport Springs (not trying to go super low)
H&R Sway Bars

**The only reason I do not have a GIAC tune listed here is I eventually want to get the K04 Turbo upgrade kit from AWE and there is a tune included with that kit.

Second Stage:

ECS Underdrive Crank Pulley Kit
Sprint Booster Power Converter
Turbo Inlet Pipe
Larger Fuel Injectors (Not sure what size would be needed so any suggestions are appreciated)
K04 Turbo Upgrade Kit
Brembo Big Brake Kit

Also looking for suggestions on if you guys think any of the internal engine parts would need to be swapped out to handle the kind of power that I'm looking for.

One more thing I realize I would also have to do some work to the tranny to make sure it could hold up to this but I'm having problems finding parts for the Tiptronic so any help there would be greatly appreciated too.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Sounds like a pretty good list, but here's what I think:

1. Ditch the K04. For the money you're gonna pay for that kit from ECS, plus the mani, tune, etc, you could get an elim turbo kit that will put out more HP on stock internals and includes a tune, injectors, oil lines, and (optional) manifold and turbo inlet pipe
2. Good choice on the Forge 007, I chose to go with a 710n cause I'm cheap lol
3. Not sure about the Sprint Booster, sounds shady
4. Save the $$ you'd spend on the Brembo kit from ECS and piece together your own. The A8 rotor/TT carrier combo is a great upgrade, especially if you're picky about where you buy the parts. (I just did ). If you want to get 4 pot calipers, you can pick up a used set of S8/Porsche calipers and 13" rotors way cheaper than that kit from ECS.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:53 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the input I'll check into the elim turbo kit. Yeah I'm not sure about that sprint booster either but I came across on ECS, I know that doesnt really mean anything though. I'll have to check into piecing my own brake kit together, but not really sure where to start though.

Again thanks for the input I really appreciate.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:58 AM
1st Gear

One other question CCA4 does the elim kit work with the tiptronic, cause I know APR doesn't make a kit that works with the auto.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:17 PM
4th Gear

www.ringerracing.com is your new best friend for your elim kit... I really don't think the tranny matters. The "chip" for the trans is completely unrelated. The sprint booster thing is a waste of money, and ECSTuning has the A8 big brake upgrade for $250 I think. It uses the stock calipers, but uses bigger rotors, and moves the calipers out, giving you better stopping power...

Old 04-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Yeah the elim kits from Mike use Unitronics tunes, doesn't matter if you're tip or 5MT. If you decide to go with the A8/TT upgrade instead of the Brembo Stg III kit, buy the rotors from ECS ($89 w/ free shipping) and the TT carriers from MJM ($140 w/ free shipping) and save yourself some cash. The $80 you save there will almost pay for your Forge DV

Old 04-15-2011, 01:04 PM
1st Gear

I'm having trouble seeing how that elim kit would cost the same as a k04 kit. Wouldn't you need an FMIC and other mods for an elim? Or does the stock intake work just fine. Turbo noob here still weighing options

And if you decide on running a k04 I'd just piece together a kit and save some money.
k04/install kit $860
GIAC Tune $300
FPR $175

That comes out to $1335 without spark plugs I guess. Again, I could be missing something being a turbo noob.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:05 PM
1st Gear

Ok good, I didn't really understand why APR limited themselves by not offering anything for the Tip i realize the M5 is gonna be mor epopular but still. I wish I had an M5 but I took what I could get and I'm happy with it .

One other thing from everything I read if I go with the BT I should go for the 3" exhaust but is it totally necessary. Haven't checked into but I don't know of any really reputable exhaust shops around my area. Would the techtonics system still work good its 2.5''?

Again thanks for the feedback guys it's really helping me out

Old 04-15-2011, 01:11 PM
4th Gear

The elim kit is designed to be a direct swap. By not upgrading you exhaust manifold, exhaust itself, intercooler, and such, you're just going to not see it's full potential... The stock air box is good enough for an elim.

With the KO4, you would still need injectors, and a tune, etc, to see it's full potential. But, you'd be maxed out at about 250 HP... with a elim and the right set up, you can push closer to 325-350. Which would you rather have?

Old 04-15-2011, 01:15 PM
1st Gear

I'd much rather have more hp don't get me wrong, it just seems like it's not close to the same cost. $2700 Vs. $1300. Added injectors for the PC-16 GIAC tune are like ~$200 more. So maybe $1500.

edit: It looks like he was including the high flow mani in his comparison, so my numbers are probably off.

Last edited by brett3335; 04-15-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Parts Wish List For My A4