B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Replacing head gasket - what mods should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Replacing head gasket - what mods should I do?

ORIGINAL: rsrbljan

Look, if he's planning on a~250 WHP car, the head is not the most restrictive portion of the engine. Hence you will see little gains from portingthe head. spend about 20 hours gasket matchinga head and then get 2hp on a dyno... tell me it's worth it. if you're not utilizing 100% of the head's flow, increasing that potential to 110% makes no differance.

The flip side is if you're building a 500hp motor,if you gain10% in flow through the port job it equates to a significant gain on a large power build...

If i'm hearing cincy right, he's not saying it does nothing, he's saying there are no potential gains when the flow of the head is not the bottleneck. I agree with that statement.

Ryan
Ding ding ding.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:48 PM
2nd Gear

anyone else realize the kid that started this stopped posting.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm make believe

He has 2 post in total and they are 9 days apart.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:17 PM

LMAO....Cincy, that's funny that you avoid my eduction question and try toturn it around. I took the time to google your fourm name and it looks like you spend a LOT of time on fourms. It makes me start to wonder if your eduction is a "fourm education". That is kinda funny to me..... I'm not saying that you always give BS information but sometimes I wonder about your insights.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm make believe

I cant figure out whats more sad, you googling me, or you still trying to ? my car knowledge. Trust me, i dont talk out of my *** like you do over and over again. I have more than done my share to a few 1.8t's and other cars, more than i guess you find in your google search. I remember you saying you are in school to be a mech, i hope you can get a refund since you are so far in over your head when you post. Just because you knowthe termport and polish doesnt mean its the best or needed for every application. Me and 3 other people have already told you why but yet you STILL question me and practically stalk me. Im not sure if i should be flattered or scared.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm make believe

And if you want some more info on my "knowledge", i have custom built and tuned a turbo kit for my lancer before my TT. I have also built my 1.8t into a 2.0 and have tuned it myself with no aid of a chip to the numbers in my sig. So basically you can get off my nuts now since you think i have to show you where my education came from.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:53 AM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: pimphell

LMAO....Cincy, that's funny that you avoid my eduction question and try toturn it around. I took the time to google your fourm name and it looks like you spend a LOT of time on fourms. It makes me start to wonder if your eduction is a "fourm education". That is kinda funny to me..... I'm not saying that you always give BS information but sometimes I wonder about your insights.
i am not saying i know alot, but i do think i know alot more than you cause i have lurked and read multiple posts about the same thing

i am "forum educated" and do most if not all the work on my car myself and haven't had many snags in what i do or did

there is this old saying: God gave you one mouth and two ears/eyes, to listen/read twice as much

start reading or listening and quit barfing nonsense on the forums or you might end up like travis kemp

Old 06-21-2008, 11:20 AM
1st Gear

The kid who started this thread. One question....we are just talking about cars here....right? Oh yeah, one more......this is suppose to be fun, right?

Old 06-21-2008, 07:02 PM
2nd Gear

yuup. but people get way to much into this sometimes.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:03 PM
1st Gear

Safe to say timing belt and water pump should be replaced? Does this one have an internal water pump that should be replaced? Again, 1997 A4 1.8t

Quick Reply: Replacing head gasket - what mods should I do?