B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Seats loose

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 05:59 PM
2nd Gear

Drivers seat mount: as a quick fix, I broke the welding apart, reduced the slot, welded it back together and installed. Sloppiness is still there, but quite a bit less.

Plugged the green connector from car into green of seat.
Need to figure out what other connectors are for, and if the installed seat is heated.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:05 PM
2nd Gear
Default Passenger seat

Here are photos of the passenger side seat. One connector (green) is plugged in. No other wires/connectors coming from car. One connector (black, 2 wire) is connected, one connector (black with green, spade) from the seat is not connected.

a) is seat heated?
b) should there be more wires from coming from the car?
c) is the seat rail running 'metal on metal'? I expected to see a teflon or plastic insert (less friction).

Old 01-21-2011, 09:07 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by sadik666
Your issue is that your missing a small plastic piece who should sit at the beginning of the middle rail. That plastic piece is use to align the lock pin with the hole on the rail. I know it because I had that piece missing after my car went to a complete body restore and the guy at the body shop lost one of the piece when the remove the seats and I end up with the exact same issue. The piece itself should'nt cost more then a couple bucks.

If you have no idea what piece i'm talking about, I can try to take a picture of it.
Im thinking its this also on the pass side but looking at the pics. of the drivers side id say who knows.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:59 AM
2nd Gear

How is the plastic piece called?
How does it look like?

Old 01-23-2011, 10:06 AM
1st Gear

Here's where the plastic piece is suppose to be ... I tried to take a picture but it wasn't clear enought to post it ... I would have to remove the front the seat to take a clear picture ... I have no idea how you call that part ... I'll will try to remove my seat this week so I can take a clear picture

Attached Thumbnails Seats loose-img_54321.jpg  
Old 01-23-2011, 10:29 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks for your effort!

Old 01-23-2011, 10:39 AM
1st Gear

I tought I can post the picture I took even if they are not really clear ... maybe it can help you ... and by the way, it's more of a rubber piece then plastic.

Attached Thumbnails Seats loose-pic_1.jpg   Seats loose-pic_2.jpg   Seats loose-pic_3.jpg  

Last edited by sadik666; 01-23-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:44 PM
1st Gear
Default Driver seat not sliding back and forth easily

Originally Posted by sadik666
I tought I can post the picture I took even if they are not really clear ... maybe it can help you ... and by the way, it's more of a rubber piece then plastic.
Just as a data point, if you grease the contact points of this plastic thingy, it would allow the seat to slide back and forth MUCH easier. I just did mine after suffering through needing to get out of the car to adjust the seat forward for many years...

Old 02-27-2011, 08:22 PM
2nd Gear

Use white lithium grease for all moving parts, including rail, pin, spring, lever.
I am still looking for the plastic insert for both sides. This would at least put the passenger side seat decent shape (currently moving quite a bit and requires 'wiggling' to get let the pin snap in. Couple of times, the passenger moved all the way forward with this heat under hard braking).

The driver side will need the plastic. Wish I could get my hands on the factory parts (not the butchered bracket). But with the plastic, also the driver seat will be more fixed (the play it currently has is irritating).

But most important: since seats were apparently changed by previous owners, and not the correct ones used, I still have not figured out which connectors go where, including heated seats not working and airbag warning light on.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:56 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by vtraudt
Use white lithium grease for all moving parts, including rail, pin, spring, lever.
I am still looking for the plastic insert for both sides. This would at least put the passenger side seat decent shape (currently moving quite a bit and requires 'wiggling' to get let the pin snap in. Couple of times, the passenger moved all the way forward with this heat under hard braking).

The driver side will need the plastic. Wish I could get my hands on the factory parts (not the butchered bracket). But with the plastic, also the driver seat will be more fixed (the play it currently has is irritating).

But most important: since seats were apparently changed by previous owners, and not the correct ones used, I still have not figured out which connectors go where, including heated seats not working and airbag warning light on.
This is the part that you are looking for.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B5_A4-...r/Seat/ES4769/

Quick Reply: Seats loose