B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

vacum diagram!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Default RE: vacum diagram!!!!

if you have the AWM that is......Both of my cars are the AWM and that chart is %100 right on, unless modified

Old 03-24-2008, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

is the vacum diagram above okay for a ATW engine? 2000 1.8t a4? Still having problems!

Old 03-25-2008, 12:44 AM

I don't have access to alldata this week, the computer is down, when I find out I will let you know, unless someone else knows for sure.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:36 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: pimphell

#13 on the chart is the N112 valve
#19 on the chart is the N249 valve

The chart that you have is correct for the vehicle. Yours doesn't match that chart?
Thanks. for the info above. Yes, mine matches the chart. The thing that I think is odd (at least in comparing how most other cars are set up...)

On my #13, the N112 Valve - there is a right angle rubber fitting on the drivers side that is angled down to the ground and there is not a small hard line anywhere that goes into it. So:

- Does this valve vent to atmosphere or something? Strange to me to have a connector not go anywhere...

Thanks for the info on the MAF. Strange thing on mine (I also wrote this in another thread on this forum):

My P0171 comes on like clockwork just as the engine warms up, 4.5 minutes into driving (seems like it goes into closed loop mode), running down the road with light load.

I clear the code once, and I can be good the rest of the day. Sometimes at lunch the code will come on again, or I get a P0170 (misfire) without the light on, and it runs really bad for a while (or I clear that code).

So, if it was the MAF, wouldn't the CEL/code come on multiple times?

Old 03-25-2008, 09:23 AM

no the cel won't come on multiple times. It may only fire it once because of slight off mixture caused by the MAF or something in the fuel or sparksystem. Now if you get a P0170, I might be concerned about the same thing or even the plugs/coil packsin this matter.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:01 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the fast reply and note on the MAF firing the code, pimphell.

I've been thinking about cleaning the MAF for a couple weeks now. I usually use MAF cleaner by CRC. Is that o.k., or for some reason, should I stick to the (denatured?) alcohol I've seen elsewhere on this forum?

I basically started the troubleshooting by checking vacuum lines, monitoring, and eliminating certain components via how/when the CEL comes on.

Then the other night went to yank out the MAF to clean. Shut the hood when I realized it was not going to be a quickie like on my BMW, or other cars where it is a simple two hose clamps, connecter and it is out of the engine bay.

I picked this car up with a broken timing belt. The belt cracked the crankshaft cover, gear, and also the oil pump tensioner. Had to fish some parts out of the pan, including some through the oil level/temp sensor hole. Thank goodness that was there or I may have had to yank the motor... Believe it or not, pistons and valves o.k. After a basic head rebuilding, put it back together... Picked it up for a sweet 3K, never hit Quattro. I tell my kids that it will be theres in 3 years.

Other Ramblings:
I am the type that really tries to narrow it down to a specific part, why it would be causing the problem - before buying parts. 35 years of experience in all kinds of makes and models, and it does not matter if it is electrical, mechanical, body, paint, interior, gears, motor rebuilds - I do it all except for - alignments (though I get them really close by eye before going in to my friends place) and trans rebuilds.

I've had 3 air cooled bugs and one water (passat) and I can honestly say that I was amazed as to how many friggin clamps are in this engine bay. Made me wonder if some designer had stock in a clamp company in germany. Come on, it is a 2001. Reminded me of one of the reason I got out of the air cooled - I had a 79 vert and the brakes were still manually adjusted via a total of 8 adjusters...

Old 03-25-2008, 04:11 PM

if its MAF cleaner, your good. Don't know about the alcohol

Old 03-26-2008, 10:33 PM
1st Gear

what is 28?

Old 03-26-2008, 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: bemor187

what is 28?
what?

Old 03-26-2008, 10:55 PM
1st Gear

i am sorry!! typo
in the diagram shown above what is number 24?

Quick Reply: vacum diagram!!!!